So I'll say it: Are we sure we want to give Kamala Harris this free pass?

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I'll say it again and again.

Why don't we, black america, give her OUR plan, then judge her on how well she implements it? Show some fukking agency and backbone for once.
Because they have no incentive to listen. The vast majority of us are apparently willing to give away our votes for free. :yeshrug:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll say it again and again.

Why don't we, black america, give her OUR plan, then judge her on how well she implements it? Show some fukking agency and backbone for once.
Who is going to come up with this plan? Serious question.

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ice Cube had one 4 years ago. They fronted on him, then nikkas somehow blamed him that the Republicans actually took the meeting:snoop:
Ice Cube bruh…

And entire race of people being represented by…Ice Cube. Are you surprised that went nowhere lol?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Ice Cube bruh…

And entire race of people being represented by…Ice Cube. Are you surprised that went nowhere lol?
He compiled it with the advice of real scholars, used his platform against his best interest to try, and the Democrats shyt on him for it. Who else has made an honest effort? They always talk to rappers any other time. The one time one has a plan and isn't shucking and jiving, they switch up:francis:

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He compiled it with the advice of real scholars, used his platform against his best interest to try, and the Democrats shyt on him for it. Who else has made an honest effort? They always talk to rappers any other time. The one time one has a plan and isn't shucking and jiving, they switch up:francis:
I don’t doubt that he put effort into it and it might have had been a good plan but…it’s Ice Cube. He’s not the right person to be speaking for an entire race of people. I personally don’t think there actually is anyone suited for that.

Remember, the messenger is just as important as the message.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don’t doubt that he put effort into it and it might have had been a good plan but…it’s Ice Cube. He’s not the right person to be speaking for an entire race of people. I personally don’t think there actually is anyone suited for that.

Remember, the messenger is just as important as the message.
Again, who else has made an honest effort?
Again, if you can talk NATIONAL LAW WITH CARDI B, what is absurd about meeting with Ice Cube?

King Poetic

The Monkey in the Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
I’ll keep saying it

nikkas don’t even think about the long game at all

The mission is to get Kamala in and any other democrat to flip the supreme court because alito and thomas are on their last leg,

Trump gets in and its 2 more young white racist, but u fukking idiots will keep blaming the dems when the supreme court’s will keep denying everything

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Who is going to come up with this plan? Serious question.
That's the problem. It's the "somebody needs to do something about this" mentality.
The feet stompers want these politicians to act like Mommy and Daddy. Come tend to us and see that our needs are met, and when they're not they throw a tantrum.
It's childish as fukk and as long as we continue to conduct ourselves as children politically, we won't get what we need.

For the millionth time, this is because they don't know how politics works.
These other groups aren't just magically given things. They work the political system to their benefit.
They organize, write reports and proposals about what they want and why. They use stats and research to support their asks.
They use the political channels to get it in the hands of those who can introduce and carry these bills though Congress.
They fundraise. They apply pressure to the politicians they've supported.
But because we don't see that work being done behind the scenes we think its all gimmes.

If you want change, you can't be passive about it.
Every damn day you see cacs on your TV and social media in the streets trying to push what they want.

It's very much like needing a job and not lifting a finger to apply for one.
Even things like welfare, food stamps, and unemployment are not just given to you. You have to gather your paperwork and either call or take your ass down to the office and apply for those benefits.

For the past 50 or so years we've had a whole Congressional Black Caucus that we don't make any use of.
And because we don't, they don't do much of anything for us. They can't without our support and won't without us applying pressure.
The complaining and whining with zero action is played out. Going online to bytch and write hate letters to Joe and Kamala does jack shyt for us.

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Before everyone gets in a tizzy I will state three things:

1. I am not part of the "no tangibles, no vote" crowd and barring something crazy, I will be voting for Kamala Harris and likely all the other Dems down ballot in November.

2. I am not part of the "mixed people can't be Black crowd" and while it seems people want to debate her uprbringing to the nth degree, her and her sister Maya (who has a Black ADOS husband) have had roots in the Black community in Oakland during their adult lives (I have family there) so I am not going to say we can't consider them Black or that she has said she is only "Indian". A lot of that is social media whining about this that isn't productive in my opinion.

3. I don't care she is a woman nor that her husband is White

------

Now all that being said....

Biden bowed out and they flipped the switch on Kamala more serious than almost anything I have seen in politics. $200M in a week including the $2M from various Zoom calls from Black men and women. People talking about that 2008 feeling etc.

But if we are honest, what is she really bringing to the table besides a better chance to vanquish Trump? In itself this could be enough given the coterie of reactionaries, illiberals, and neo-fascists he and JD Vance have backing them.

But is everyone just going to memory hole all the concerns we had about her even only a month ago? Not just her actions in California as AG and SF/Alameda DA but lack of signature legislation or initiatives as a senator (beating Brett Kavanaugh's ass doesn't count). The absolute chaos and revolving door for staff that characterized both her failed presidential run as well as the VP office? Granted I know this was some of Biden's folks hating and leaking to the press, but this happened way too often to be just a smear campaign. Can she even run a team well??

The absolute abysmal performance she did in some interviews that made it look like she had trouble even being articulate on complex topics? The weird attempts to 'connect' like the Kwanzaa video or talking about smoking weed :dahell:?

Are any of her main advisors/consultants even Black people that have community concerns and not just social climbing as a primary goal?

People may say Obama had a short senate stint but at least he had to fight his way through the primaries against the most formidable challenger in recent Dem primary memory--Hillary Clinton. Kamala didn't even get to Iowa in 2020 and now we are anointing her as the chosen one as if she has bossed up serious since then? Doing what?

---

I'm sorry, given how close this election is we should be pressing her and getting her in line behind the scenes instead of all this fawning. I'm not demanding something unrealistic like cash reparations but all these Zoom hosters and boosters in the media are demanding we show our love without asking much of anything in return assuming her default loyalty to us? Yeah we need to beat Trump but is that all we want? We ain't her major financial backers, Zoom or not.

And mark my word, if she is elected and flames out hard, or the economy tanks (or both), we are setting ourselves up for something much darker and more competent than Trump in 2028 the same way Trump was a reaction to Obama--who didn't have many of the drawbacks above.

I'm sure she will take care of HBCUs but forcing a pledge on police reform, an actual economic stimulus/employment plan that can work for a Black America still recovering from the 2008 crash, a plan to stem the huge slide of young people that is accelerating, especially young men, and a huge curb on immigration would be a start. I'm sorry, I will vote but until I see something convincing I will be holding my nose while doing so.
As long as she is pro immigrant these nikkas could give two fukks what you're talking about