So I got scammed last week brehs and feel like an idiot. :snoop:

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Breh be glad it was only 500. I've heard of folks getting got for thousands. This is why you have to be careful with sites like LinkedIn. You would be surprised at what someone can do with just the basic info you put on there.
shyt was a perfect storm. The emails on an iphone don't show address, it's name only. When your on the computer, it shows the full email. Then my boss, was on vacation so couldn't call him to ask why the CEO was asking me.

LinkedIn+'Intro'+feature+can+read+your+mails+in+iPhone.png

EarlyEarly

Superstar
Daps
Our company actually sends us bullshyt phishing emails just to see who will fall for it. Ive never fell for it but some have and they said you have to go through a lot of bullshyt training exercises that make you feel dumber than dirt.
Facts. My work place makes you send the link to a department at head office to make sure you're on your shyt.

Daps
He then says "I told my lawyer I'd reward him for his quick turnaround, pick up a couple of apple gift cards for $500 dollars and drop them off when you pick up the document"

Long story short, I did and realized the email was from a gmail and not our company domain. Also the area code of the text was from a Cali number (I know he lives and is from Atlanta). Luckily i realized this before I dropped off the cards. Sad shyt is, I purchased one. :snoop:

Mugu :francis:

But on the real tho, luckily all these scams got the same kind of bait so you figured it out in time, not like some flabbyhead getting trains run on their bank account when the scammers pass the contact info along :snoop:

Also, these companies are testing employees now, sending mock phishing emails to see if you on point with your security so watch out for that

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
Job about to bush you, breh
3Mv53WB.png
Nah since he didn't actually give anything to the scammer. What his security/IT department should do is give him some training and put better protections in place. We do phishing campaigns constantly and give users 2 chances before we consider them a liability.