So G4 is coming back...annnnnd it’s dead, again.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
G4 was doomed from the start. That random outburst wasn't going to change that.

Eh I don't fully disagree but I feel they were headed in the right direction incorporating old vets with the new people and got decent views. That situation really deaded any positive momentum they had at the beginning.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
These execs need to understand that shyts like these died the first time for a reason...
Only reason it died the first time is because execs thought people would always prefer to play the game instead of watching someone else play it. They showed viral internet clips on AOTS but nobody had the foresight to go viral themselves with Let's Plays and pushing content to Youtube. So when the internet expanded content creators filled that void and G4 was useless.

That and they stopped investing in new shows and ran Cops reruns all day when X-Play and AOTS weren't on. If G4 had been proactive from the jump instead of being dead for a decade plus, then coming back and trying to do all the stuff, they would've never left.

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
Ratings never improved from last year, unless you get the top package from Fios you don't have the channel. :wtf:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shame. I've watched G4 in some form (either linear, YouTube or Twitch streams) every day since it's been back. It took the place of CNN as my default "background noise" channel. I literally have the Pluto channel on in the background right now.

These gaming channels don't seem to last very long on TV. Venn debuted a year before G4 came back and was already long gone when G4 returned. There was a Brazilian channel called Loading that didn't even last six months, and now G4 can't even last a full year.

What's crazy is a lot of the exact same things that caused Venn to fail were present in G4, but the cast and crew dismissed those concerns because they had brand name recognition and Comcast backing. In reality, all that did was buy them an extra few months.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
G4 hung themselves when they bringing the ways of the world to a industry that's consists of deviants and weirdos. Literally the entire gaming demographic told G4 to "MAKE MY GAMING COVERAGE fakkit".

Plus it was DOA in the gaming world of Twitch, YouTube, and even Giant Bomb. Waste of time and money.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Another L for Xavier Woods :mjcry:This has been the worst year for The New Day
wwe-xavier-woods.gif

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
As much as I enjoyed it as a kid, the overall concept of a gaming network doesn’t really work with today’s viewers and how people consume media, particularly gamers. Youtube has all the same kind of content along with way more personalities and niche stuff for people to pick and choose on demand. Twitch streams eSports and gameplay all day every day as well. You can’t really expect a large enough portion of people to tune in regularly to sustain a whole TV network. Most of the demographic doesn’t even watch TV like that