So china is making cars that are affordable and our government doesnt care?

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:yeshrug:
I'm copping some BYD stock going forward.

I have no idea why brehs are in this thread under the impression that Chinese == cars that will kill you.

I'm pretty sure this same goofy sentiment was held when Japan and then Korea were on the come up.

Focus on the bag and the product, not it's origin.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
The irony is many Chinese companies actually lobbied their government to allow foreign companies to keep selling in China because the competition with international companies will breed innovation and weed out the weaker companies. Now, instead of having their local companies wiped out by Apple and Tesla they have world class companies like Huawei and BYD.

:dead: :dead: :dead:

what Apple can do in China is heavily restricted and BYD has to do with cheap labor + monopoly over commodities needed for batteries not "weeding out the weak and innovating"

Chronic

All Star
Daps
:dead: :dead: :dead:

what Apple can do in China is heavily restricted and BYD has to do with cheap labor + monopoly over commodities needed for batteries not "weeding out the weak and innovating"
"Heavily restricted" yet Iphone was the best selling smartphone in China for years. BYD currently leading in patents application over US companies, don't be surprised when the rest of the world decided to adopt their charging infrastructures over Tesla's

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
"Heavily restricted" yet Iphone was the best selling smartphone in China for years. BYD currently leading in patents application over US companies, don't be surprised when the rest of the world decided to adopt their charging infrastructures over Tesla's

Uh huh

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
I watch videos by American citizen that claim the 2020 election were rigged and Biden and his son are member of the deepstate I guess it's must be true as well.
Free Press doesn't exist in China so that comparison doesn't work....

You only believe what the Chinese Government allows you to read/see.​

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
They bout to lose another twenty years to hyper inflation when the rest of the globe stops buying US treasuries since they won't be forced to use the dollar for trade and instead use their own commodities or currencies. It's a shyt storm coming in the next 5 years many people aren't paying attention to. People's savings are about to dissappear, social services cut. The people who really run this country aren't as smart as people make them seem. If they allowed the 2008 crash to run its natural course without bank bailouts we would be now getting ready to come out of those 2 decades of hyperinflation we are going to lose anyway.

The dollar isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Other countries have worse debt crises than the US.

Chronic

All Star
Daps
Free Press doesn't exist in China so that comparison doesn't work....

You only believe what the Chinese Government allows you to read/see.​
Except that youtube channel isn't from legitimate journalist either. Also BYD have been sold across the world if the fire problem is as bad as that channel claim surely news channels and journalists from other countries would've reported it by now also when they start selling in EU market they got tested according European safety standard and found to be safer than equivalent European EV. Are you going to claim China also bribed every single one of them too?

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Except that youtube channel isn't from legitimate journalist either.
Doesn't have to be since the claims are verifiable and China censors ALL media.​
Also BYD have been sold across the world if the fire problem is as bad as that channel claim surely news channels and journalists from other countries would've reported it by now also when they start selling in EU market they got tested according European safety standard and found to be safer than equivalent European EV.
You mean like this .....​

.....and it isn't just the fire issue, but multiple safety issues China suppresses/censors up to/including deaths caused by their equipment malfunctioning.​
Are you going to claim China also bribed every single one of them too?
Nope. Not necessary.​

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
People actually WANT less options and choices in the marketplace? :dwillhuh: Am I reading some of these post in this thread wrong?
This country didn't spend 40+ years of propaganda for nothing. You gotta know at one point, americans at large shytted on japanese and korean cars, before accepting them.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
All cheap things are not equal.

I believe we should invest in public infrastructure so that we can become a mostly carless society. Its unlikely but that is the real issue.

Pragmatically, if the choice is cheap goods and stimulating an ailing Chinese economy then no I don't believe that is the route that should be taken. You all would be the first to cry at the job losses.

You keep focusing on the US but when I travel to African countries and see Chinese produced dashikis and facsimiles of African tribal art because they flooded those markets in a way the locals cant compete sheerly due to population/cheap labor then the shock is a global issue.
lower cost. lower inflation. but they wont do that. and while they are at it...rent. until then, china is the alternative. shyt is getting very hard for the middle man in america, and it seems to be getting worse, because they want to block us in with the expensive shyt, and not raise wages (and if they do, they just raise the prices) folks are struggling. they need to get hit in the pockets to learn to fix things.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
lower cost. lower inflation. but they wont do that. and while they are at it...rent. until then, china is the alternative. shyt is getting very hard for the middle man in america, and it seems to be getting worse, because they want to block us in with the expensive shyt, and not raise wages (and if they do, they just raise the prices) folks are struggling. they need to get hit in the pockets to learn to fix things.

I didn't say things are perfect but just allowing a chinese shock is not some ideal solution. This idea that you're going to get tons of cheap goods and everyone keep their jobs is a fairytale.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
I didn't say things are perfect but just allowing a chinese shock is not some ideal solution. This idea that you're going to get tons of cheap goods and everyone keep their jobs is a fairytale.
you should have said that back in the 70s-80s when they did that very thing. shipped all of the jobs over there, leaving many jobless. don't stop now that the chinese are cutting off the middle man that's been marking up prices. keep that same energy :sas1: