So china is making cars that are affordable and our government doesnt care?

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
You Chinese sympathizers never fail to amaze me

They want the U.S. destroyed.
I don't care about the U.S., but I can see their bad intentions.
The United States is about to pay for the enslavement of the people. The year of Jubilee is almost here.
Nothing is going to stop it. The economy is falling apart already.

voiture

Superstar
Daps
Lol China is trying to flood the world with cheap goods again to stimulate an ailing economy. Read up on the original Chinese shock that killed tons of American manufacturing jobs because many here are uneducated it seems.

They can do this because of cheap labor and a monopoly on battery tech they extract from poor countries using belt and road. Things that would get criticized when the West does it.

A large chunk of the world, not just the USA, has responded by imposing tariffs.

Do you guys want jobs and livable wages or cheap products and less jobs?
I'm a Biden supporter but I do not fukk with these tariffs. We are constantly being told Chinese cars are inferior etc...let us find out for ourselves. If there are quality control issues, they will go under. What we have here is a bunch of oligarchs in the auto industry who see the BYD juggernaut coming and scrambling and lobbying for tariffs.

If the American auto industry cannot compete after having been bailed out time and time again by the government ( which I will argue is also another form of 'free labor') then they should go out of business.

No different from me starting a corner shop and running my neighbor out of business because I took his customers.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
I'm a Biden supporter but I do not fukk with these tariffs.

Do you want the infrastructure/inflation act to work or do you want cheap goods?

You do realize its not just US and EU imposing tariffs but even developing nations?

Why should we bail out the Chinese economy at the expense of our own?

Are you dudes against cheap labor, car-reliance, and extraction of resources from poor countries or does it not matter when it means you can get a 10k new electric vehicle?

voiture

Superstar
Daps
Do you want the infrastructure/inflation act to work or do you want cheap goods?

You do realize its not just US and EU imposing tariffs but even developing nations?

Why should we bail out the Chinese economy at the expense of our own?

Are you dudes against cheap labor, car-reliance, and extraction of resources from poor countries or does it not matter when it means you can get a 10k new electric vehicle?

So Americans should accept over inflated expensive cars because it's good for us long term? That's not a winning message anywhere (well except those affiliated with the auto industry).

Your phone and TV are probably made in China because you and I love CHEAP stuff and the autoindustry shouldn't be any different. They need to find ways to compete...IMO relying on government tariffs to survive is another bailout.

papa pimp

All Star
Daps
So Americans should accept over inflated expensive cars because it's good for us long term? That's not a winning message anywhere (well except those affiliated with the auto industry).

Your phone and TV are probably made in China because you and I love CHEAP stuff and the autoindustry shouldn't be any different. They need to find ways to compete...IMO relying on government tariffs to survive is another bailout.

All cheap things are not equal.

I believe we should invest in public infrastructure so that we can become a mostly carless society. Its unlikely but that is the real issue.

Pragmatically, if the choice is cheap goods and stimulating an ailing Chinese economy then no I don't believe that is the route that should be taken. You all would be the first to cry at the job losses.

You keep focusing on the US but when I travel to African countries and see Chinese produced dashikis and facsimiles of African tribal art because they flooded those markets in a way the locals cant compete sheerly due to population/cheap labor then the shock is a global issue.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Its kinda crazy to think, America spent trillions on Iraq and Afghanistan and funding Ukraine & Israel....lost decades of war.

The whole time China was just building and investing, no wars. no bullshyt. no money laundering. no jail bars Jigga, no pies, no case, (just Hawaiian shirts hanging with little Chase)

We've got to demand more from US leadership, they fukkin us over for real.

:francis:

been saying that for YEARS bruh...:beli: america is literally built on war not commerce

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Just hilarious to watch disingenuous people veer back and forth between "US manufacturing and good paying jobs need to return after globalization decimated them" and "can't wait for China's new, cheap slave products to arrive on market so Americans realize expensive US cars are worthless" depending on whichever argument works best for the current sentiments of the day (online).
:mjlol:

fukk cheap, shoddy cars from overseas.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
BYD in NZ

Conversion from New Zealand Dollars

US: $67,325 battery in $55,084 car.

Chronic

All Star
Daps
Champion for China man products brehs
The irony is many Chinese companies actually lobbied their government to allow foreign companies to keep selling in China because the competition with international companies will breed innovation and weed out the weaker companies. Now, instead of having their local companies wiped out by Apple and Tesla they have world class companies like Huawei and BYD. Meanwhile p*ssy ass US companies don't want Chinese companies to enter because they fear competition.

Chronic

All Star
Daps
Both former residents, fluent in Chinese (Mandarin, iirc), and have inside sources via social networks neither you nor I have. This doesn't prove your claim nor disprove what either stated.​
I watch videos by American citizen that claim the 2020 election were rigged and Biden and his son are member of the deepstate I guess it's must be true as well.