So Busta Rhymes & Fat Joe are hip hop culture vultures now ?

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
The early 70's was the "birth." The late 70's/early80's was the "development." Latinos were there during the "development." Lets not act like the 70's and 80's were the same. Once the transition into making actual records for radio came into play in 79 Hip Hop went into a different direction. Wasn't no graffitti during the birth either that came during the development but you never hear anyone going "but but but Graffitti wasn't originally a part of Hip Hop" like ya'll do with Latinos. Prior to the late 70's graffitti had it's own culture before being intertwined with Hip Hop.
the birth was the 60s. And even then, most of what became hiphop is just older black american culture before that. People like to lie and say the creation of hiphop was the late 70s or early 80s because then they can claim "Latinos were there from the beginning". When they joined later on after hiphop was up and running. (edit: i thought you were the other poster that posted about Caz) And you posted about Caz, Caz even said latinos called hiphop "Jungle bunny music". Sure he might have been in a group where the let a latino join, but again involved is not created.

And like i said, at this point you're going to need more definitive proof than just saying "50/50" repeatedly.

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
Suburb nikkas try so fuccn hard :mjlol:
You literally makes no sense. How are you trying to give Joe and Busta pass, but hold Drake accountable? They've said much worse than Drake while being born and raised in 🇺🇸.

I guess you pick and choose who to be outraged by to fit your narrative.

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Or black Americans are responsible for reggaton in Puerto Rico

Not far off with that one, except he’s a black Panamanian.

IMG-7659.jpg

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
You literally makes no sense. How are you trying to give Joe and Busta pass, but hold Drake accountable? They've said much worse than Drake while being born and raised in 🇺🇸.

I guess you pick and choose who to be outraged by to fit your narrative.
What did fat Joe say that was “far worse “
Than Drake in blacc face or saying nikka with the ER?

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Every body is allowed to hold certain things from their culture to their chest except black Americans who continually get taken and played the fool
And we suppose to just be okay with it

The problem with this comment is that...Lets be real here...No one gives a damn about 70's Hip Hop. Seriously, no one gives a damn about 70's Hip Hop until it's one of these online diaspora wars on urban social media.

If you are really holding 70's Hip Hop culture to your chest you should be able to name 5 key figures from 70's Hip Hop without Googling. And lets be real here. 98% of the people in these discussions cant do that. They say ADOS/FBAs created hip hop. I go "well name 5 key figures from the 70's" and they go "uuhhhhhhh" because they run out of gas with no real knowledge on 70's hip hop.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
the birth was the 60s. And even then, most of what became hiphop is just older black american culture before that.

The problem with this comment is that if you go to the 60's then you have to acknowledge King Charles who was Jamaican.

:ohhh:

Along with DJ Pete Jones and DJ Flowers was King Charles repping 60's Hip Hop,

3rd Ward Swangin

Superstar
Daps
What did fat Joe say that was “far worse “
Than Drake in blacc face or saying nikka with the ER?
Him saying nikka for the last 30 years and saying ain't nobody going to stop him.

I'll be back with more from Joey.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
The problem with this comment is that if you go to the 60's then you have to acknowledge King Charles who was Jamaican.

:ohhh:
LOL...not the Jamaican "toasting" claim. :snoop:Is that what you're doing?

we can go back to the 1940s with gospel groups like the Golden Gate Quartet or the Jubilaires literally rapping before it was called "rapping".
i can't timestamp currently cuz i'm at work, but dude is basically rapping at 1:00 in.

remember when i said
And even then, most of what became hiphop is just older black american culture before that.