Craig Mack

New Album in January
Daps
Reppin
East Coast !
maxresdefault.jpg

Looks like Harold Melvin was strapped in this pic

But nah as far as having the "swag" of a street dude/rapper but being a singer Bobby Brown was the originator. NE were probably the 1st singers to also rap on their songs but BB was the only that had that hard persona

Bob seems like another member of Whodini instead of a NE member in that video

To the people saying Kellz, he was just an evolution of what Bobby had already started

Kelly jacked Aaron Hall's WHOLE swag

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

beaniemac

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Bobby Brown is as far as I can see. He was the first with a real badboy street image.

Jodeci came up off that same steeze. They weren't really bad boys but the image was. First RnB group with hella tattoo's.

Even R. Kelly called himself an RnB thug by TP2 but you have to give Bobby that first credit. By TP2 a lot of RnB artists had that lane.

I would agree with this. bobby brown. all the other cats that most are listening to came after bobby. i'm talkin kels, I'm talkin jodeci and everyone after them.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I remember seeing an old video of kellz before public announcement. That shyt was damn near a carbon copy of the every little step video

yea. somebody linked it up on here a couple years ago via daily motion.

i dont think youtube has it.

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

MikeyC

The Coli Royal Rumble Champion 2019
Daps
Reppin
London
Some Latino R & B singer made an remix to John Legend's "Ordinary People" singing about guns with the same melody and all :heh: forgot the name though.

And of course this....

lolidiamin.gif

Why his voice gotta be so sweet (n/h) and high piched like that, doe?

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
bobby brown was a bad boy. but he didnt do street music. He did regular r and b ladies love. i gotta really think about this but i think its jaheim who really had the look and talked that ghetto street talk but could also sing his ass off

His new jack swing style wasn't "regular" R&B...it was a new style with a street/hiphop feel

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
His new jack swing style wasn't "regular" R&B...it was a new style with a street/hiphop feel

man it wasnt nothign street and hip hop about bobby brown. he was a ladies man, a bad boy. but the question was the first r and b thug. there was nothing thuggish about b brown's music. his image may have been a thug but his music wasnt. how you a thug dancing and singing about ghostbusters?