feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
:laff: Wilson Pickett sounds like the Suge Knight of the 70s. I've heard of him; but not his music. I remember when he passed I joked wondering if my auntie was sad (she cried when every celebrity passed like she knew em...)

But reading this.... :damn:

His music is real dope, its kinda like James Brown but he was edgier and believe it or not a better vocalist, imo.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
200_s.gif

Hell naw, the way he shytted on his son's mother, I truly thought '...this nikka talks like a pimp...'

I woulda sliced his balls off in his sleep if he talked about me or to me like that.

:merchant:

WICKED WILSON PICKETT IS THE THUG OF ALL THUGS IN MUSIC!

This press release is from one of TWO SEPERATE INCIDENTS in which WILSON PICKETT SHOT AT THE ISLEY BROTHERS

WHILE ON TOUR WITH THEM!!

The second SHOOTING resulted in one of the brothers LOSING AN EYE!

The ISLEY BROS dropped CHARGES in both incidents

Wilson-Pickett.jpg

:dwillhuh:

Get Right

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

qmytue4mbuk1iyf1vwyo.jpg

These are the first examples I recall of seeing R&B dudes with the thug aesthetic..

Back in 93.

Like someone else said there were R&B guys that pre date this who were grimey but not with the image to match.

Last edited:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Unquestionably it's Bobby Brown. There may have been guys before him stated in the thread, but he was the Godfather of the R&B Thug lane
Always getting arrested, hard drugs user, bad boy, getting sexual with girls on stage, urinated on a cop car, etc.

Plus he was the first R&B artist to rap actual bars in a song on a regular basis. Perfect examples are "On Your Own" and "Every Little Step I take"

We should all bow down to the Godfather's influence :wow:

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
TQ?:ld:

"bye bye baby i can't believe it":sadcam:

EDIT:

Unquestionably it's Bobby Brown. There may have been guys before him stated in the thread, but he was the Godfather of the R&B Thug lane
Always getting arrested, hard drugs user, bad boy, getting sexual with girls on stage, urinated on a cop car, etc.

Plus he was the first R&B artist to rap actual bars in a song on a regular basis. Perfect examples are "On Your Own" and "Every Little Step I take"

We should all bow down to the Godfather's influence :wow:
you're right