So because of Black Panthers success studios are plotting to appeal to black audiences

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
Black Panther was a perfect storm. It was back by the greatest machine in movie history (MCU) but studio execs are only thinking it's successful because it has a majority black cast:mjpls:

This won't end well. Black people aren't going to pay money to see bullshyt so they better come correct.

This is just mere speculation. Neither you or the guy who made the youtube video know what the movie studios are doing. It's sad how false information gets propagated so easily online. People literally believe everything they read/watch.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This is just mere speculation. Neither you or the guy who made the youtube video know what the movie studios are doing. It's sad how false information gets propagated so easily online. People literally believe everything they read/watch.

hard to believe or don't want to believe? :mjpls:

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
hard to believe or don't want to believe? :mjpls:

Knew my comment would be taken the wrong way. No one here is in direct contact with a hollywood producer. We don't know what their next move will be. We don't know what they're thinking. All we could do is hypothesize.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Knew my comment would be taken the wrong way. No one here is in direct contact with a hollywood producer. We don't know what their next move will be. We don't know what they're thinking. All we could do is hypothesize.
Alot of these YouTubers have media access like reporters which why they often get access to early screenings and interviews for their reviews.

Obviously you believe this is not the case with this particular YouTuber, any particular reason? or:mjpls:

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

Historical patterns and trends in the entertainment industry supports it.

The only difference in this case would be the sheer scale. Marvel invested $200 million in BP so to think studios will do the same is absurd.

Then you would have to find and story and script which requires a predominantly black cast that would make sense.

But you would be a fool to think studios won't try.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
George Lucas said something similar about Red Tails. Basically, studios weren't trying to fund it because black movies don't draw enough audience to make a big budget black movie worthwhile.

I guess those studios know better now :myman:
because a disney/marvel movie did business? They have the midas touch. Get out was the movie to turn heads, its been 2 years and :francis:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Historical patterns and trends in the entertainment industry supports it.

The only difference in this case would be the sheer scale. Marvel invested $200 million in BP so to think studios will do the same is absurd.

Then you would have to find and story and script which requires a predominantly black cast that would make sense.

But you would be a fool to think studios won't try.
I think your right this remind of the blaxploitation of the 70s and the urban film and tv show of the 90s guess thing tend to move in cycle.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
They gotta give black producers actors and writers the green light. Far too often they tried to put black faces in front of the camera with white people running the show and the product was shyt!

Simple things like white women doing black womens hair and makeup having them look like clowns.

John Landis directed Coming to America

But overall, in my opinion people can't pick and choose what's "cool" and what's not. Get Out became a runaway hit through WOM. Not many saw it within it the first weekend. Support the Proud Mary, that was different for a black female lead, even if it was trash - but not enough saw it to say that. Support the After Earth or Will's other movies. Halle's Catwoman, Zoe's Columbiana. Support movies with a modest budget but black lead like Law Abiding Citizen, or any of Chadwick's other films. Support Chiwete's films even though he's usually second lead. And support them IN THE THEATERS, not Firestick

Last edited:

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
Black creators need to be behind the camera. Or else we get 2 hour long films like Detroit, where it's Black people being mercilessly beaten and called ******s the entire movie...or its a movie like The Help, where its Black people being used as a plot device to demonstrate the humanity of some racist CAC.

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So we got a chance to get a Crossover franchise?:krs:

51ReD2LO6lL.jpg

That Fast & Furious/Biker Boyz/And1 Basketball era :wow:

Anthony Mackie done came a long way

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
The talent is clearly there in front of the screen. But more importantly they need to give opportunities behind the scenes (writing, dir3cting)

We don’t need mediocre shyt getting hyped up due to fake woke “diversity”. Let people rock in different genres like sci-fi don’t pigeon hole