:snoop: @ the Twitter generation

concise

Veteran
Daps
you feel me? i love how people are trying to compare the ignorance of the past (which was mainly dude to not having the information readily accessible btw) to the pure willfull buffonery of the younger generation today. :childplease: :stopitslime:

:umad: Keep thinking that, if it makes you feel better.

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
This generation are just a bunch of attention whores. its blatant. All these sites for them to show off/set thirst traps, facebook, twitter, instagram.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
:umad: Keep thinking that, if it makes you feel better.

it wasn't. back in the day when i wanted information about "Black holes"(and i did) i had to go to my nearest library which may have had all of 5 books TOTAL dealing with soley the subject of black holes. nowadays you can type in black holes and instantly get 700,000 matching articles and links on the subject. :childplease:

concise

Veteran
Daps
it wasn't. back in the day when i wanted information about "Black holes"(and i did) i had to go to my nearest library which may have had all of 5 books TOTAL dealing with soley the subject of black holes. nowadays you can type in black holes and instantly get 700,000 matching articles and links on the subject. :childplease:

"When I wanted information"...

:myman:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
you feel me? i love how people are trying to compare the ignorance of the past (which was mainly dude to not having the information readily accessible btw) to the pure willfull buffonery of the younger generation today. :childplease: :stopitslime:

exactly. its like we have all the tools to be 100x smarter and more knowledgeable than people in the past but what are we filling up the internet with? facebook, media take out, twitter. and what are we watching on tv? snooki & jwow, tmz, dancing with the stars.

shyts disgusting. i can barely even hang out with people my age.

in one of my business classes we had to talk to a classmate about what we wanna do in our future and shyt. so im talking to this girl about how i wanna open a record/musical instrument type of store. and this bytch tells me how she has over 10000 twitter followers and wants to become famous thru twitter modeling :what:

she is fine as fukk :manny: but still its shyt like this whats killing our generation. people are so focused on quick fame they will throw all common sense out (getting head shots and trying to actually model) and go for the easy route (post pics on twitter).

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
exactly. its like we have all the tools to be 100x smarter and more knowledgeable than people in the past but what are we filling up the internet with? facebook, media take out, twitter. and what are we watching on tv? snooki & jwow, tmz, dancing with the stars.

shyts disgusting. i can barely even hang out with people my age.

in one of my business classes we had to talk to a classmate about what we wanna do in our future and shyt. so im talking to this girl about how i wanna open a record/musical instrument type of store. and this bytch tells me how she has over 10000 twitter followers and wants to become famous thru twitter modeling :what:

she is fine as fukk :manny: but still its shyt like this whats killing our generation. people are so focused on quick fame they will throw all common sense out (getting head shots and trying to actually model) and go for the easy route (post pics on twitter).
"keep the masses distracted" breh...while they take away our civil liberties one by one...slowly eliminate the middle class...turn us into walking barcodes...etc. Robots in the future? pssshh... who needs them? WE ARE THE ROBOTS willingly.

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
"keep the masses distracted" breh...while they take away our civil liberties one by one...slowly eliminate the middle class...turn us into walking barcodes...etc. Robots in the future? pssshh... who needs them? WE ARE THE ROBOTS willingly.

u aint lying. if it was up to them, we'd have no social security, unions would be considered terrorist organizations, healthcare would only be for the rich, people would spend their paychecks on the "new" iphone, and we'd be forced to watch a 24 hour stream of tmz.

anyone reading this, stay up on politics, its more important than you really think. they want you to be uninformed sheep so when they try to take away our rights we won't notice. not tryna get all revolutionary but the system wants you to fail, don't let it control you. manipulate it and get as much money as u can, money speaks louder than your voice ever could.

but after all that bad the one thing i have faith in the future is we will be a lot less hateful and discriminatory. and as long as they legalize weed, ill be straight :obama:

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the issue isn't that a 15 yo doesn't know who rodney king is. the issue that their first instinct is to tweet "who is rodney king?" instead of doing a google search and reading a wikipedia link. the fact that the information is that much more readily available and not accessed.
my point above exactly.

its appalling. i mean its darn near sinful the way they dont use the tools at their disposal.

i'll let yall in on a little secret. i'm using google chrome right now. i use to be a very very good speller as a kid when i needed to be. i stop writing papers and what not and lost my edge. so of course replying on here and typing as fast as i'm thinking will cause multiple spelling errors. but here's the thing. i just misspelled appauling above. just like did right there. i know shame on me for trying to spell it phonetically. the point is this. instead of looking dumb on purpose. i actually saw that it underlined it in read. which means its misspelled or its not in the google chrome dictionary. so i right click on it and get the correct spelling. then hit POST.

now if i'm using IE, that's not going to happen. but its a point to be made. at least i used the tools at my disposal. the internet, computers, word, etc. its one big open book test, one large cheat sheet. but you're not even cheating its fair game since everyone has it. and these youngins STILLLLLL post dumb stuff vs looking it up first. makes no sense.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Now WE know how the older generation felt like when we came up.