:snoop: @ the Twitter generation

concise

Veteran
Daps
what's crazy is that i got internet in 95. 15ish?? and i used it to look up all kinds of info....like a sponge at that age wanting to learn as much as possible about a myriad of subjects. i think the older "net generation" was like that.

this facebook gen tho? seems like they don't wanna research anything that isn't sex...snooki...drake...swag related or assigned reading from a teacher. scust. and these are gonna be our leaders? :facepalm:

What's CRAZY is they have easy access to EVERYTHING b/c of the internet. When I was in high school, if I wanted to learn about the Titanic or something, I had to go to the library.

But even tho I never did that, I still had knowledge of it somehow. I guess from history classes....but today all these kids do now is sit in class and text/play on the internet.

Even in college when texting was popular, we weren't texting/playing on the phone in class.

like i said ....they're content to live in complete and utter ignorance about everything that isn't entertainment related. and it's sad becaue that's exactly what "the powers that be" have been aiming for a while now. why would a 15 year old care about Politics after all? :rolleyes: yeah like the same social politics that will affect your ability to afford the college of your choice in just 3 short years? nah f*ck that... who cares i'm young... Snooki's on! :rolleyes:

the most willfully ignorant generation to date. the parents (babies having babies a lot of them) share the blame.

the issue isn't that a 15 yo doesn't know who rodney king is. the issue that their first instinct is to tweet "who is rodney king?" instead of doing a google search and reading a wikipedia link. the fact that the information is that much more readily available and not accessed.

I was 15 when Titanic the movie came out. I knew it was real. The Titanic went down over 80 years before that. What's the excuse for the kids nowadays?

:snoop: @ these comments

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
as this is also why America is getting completely left behind academically right now....because we wanna give 15 year olds a pass to be dumb as fukk. "oh but they're young...why should they care" ...

meanwhile in china kids as young as 12 are getting vitamin IV's to study longer and harder. get ready for the take over. it's coming.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
:snoop: @ these comments

the internet was originally billed as "the information superhighway" :leostare:
That was the selling point of school districts trying to get funding for computers with internet access.

Now youngsters use it to tweet pictures of their socks and other silly stuff every 10 mins.

concise

Veteran
Daps
:heh:

as this is also why America is getting completely left behind academically right now....because we wanna give 15 year olds a pass to be dumb as fukk. "oh but they're young...why should they care" ...

meanwhile in china kids as young as 12 are getting vitamin IV's to study longer and harder. get ready for the take over. it's coming.
Perspective. As if these weren't the same exact things being said about your generation while you were growing up.

"Oh these kids don't know this and that, and they're watching their MTV."
Like I said before, I highly doubt you had a working knowledge of everything that happened 5-10 years prior to your birth.

And you missed point again that it is technology that is making these kids more visible to you. There were always stupid people. There will always be stupid people. But you apparently love to take a small sample size of examples of turn around and apply them to everyone that fits that description.

"These kids don't know x, y, z." and you turn it into "all these kids don't know x, y, z."

"Some kids in China take IVs to extend their study hours" and you turn it into "all kids in China take IVs to extend their study hours." And that's just this thread.

the internet was originally billed as "the information superhighway" :leostare:
That was the selling point of school districts trying to get funding for computers with internet access.

Now youngsters use it to tweet pictures of their socks and other silly stuff every 10 mins.

I know that and I already mentioned that in this thread.

What's wrong with them? :rudy:
We can't expect more from the younger generation? :leon:

It's always easier to expect more from others than it is from yourself, isn't it?

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
I remember years ago when Rosa parks died, this nikka was like how can a song die

2295263_o.gif

Doctor Gonzo

Head full of acid
Daps
It's always easier to expect more from others than it is from yourself, isn't it?

By your logic, I can never expect anything from anyone :comeon:
I expect a lot of myself, and I don't mind if people call me out on something :ld:

concise

Veteran
Daps
By your logic, I can never expect anything from anyone :comeon:
I expect a lot of myself, and I don't mind if people call me out on something :ld:

Calling someone out on something is one thing.

Laughing and pointing "haha, OMG!" like has been done here has very little constructive value if you actually want things to change.

MBwithadream

All Star
Bushed
Daps
‘Who is Rodney King?’ ‘Who is dikk Clark?’ ‘The Titanic was real?!?’ How death, major news events expose Twitter’s generation gap | The Cutline - Yahoo! News

"Who is Rodney King?" :ohhh:
"The Titanic was real?" :leostare:
"Who the F is Paul McCartney?" :merchant:

How can these young kids have so little knowledge of the world? :wow:

Seems like this applies to all youngins, CACalac or not :flabbynsick:

It wasn't until he got divorced that he knew he was a part of the Beatles, gathered I never listen to any of their songs, I knew their influence.

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
i feel :snoop: about my generation (18-25)

people have always been stupid but its a different kinda stupid now.

back in the day if you were stupid at least it was respectable. you still learned somethings and had to do research and read books to pass a class in high school/college.

now with the internet how prevalent it is, i know people who dont read or do shyt for school at all. they look up summarys of books on sparknotes. they skim thru articles and paraphrase some other news source when writing essays and papers. shyt just has me like :dwillhuh: :dwillhuh: at how these people not only pass but get good grades in school at all.

:snoop: i feel sorry about the future, we have to choose presidents and congressman outta these people. we think the people in power are retarded now... just wait...

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Here's the deal: I STILL have questions about things I should prolly know. I don't, however, go out in public (/web) and say "What was the War of 1812 about?" I quietly go to Google. For them to have Google and be too lazy to even use THAT s*** is where the dumbness comes in.

In 2012 no one should have questions. You have the entire Human History in your man-purse, use it. If people are dumb now, they are what I like to call "willfully ignorant" and deserve any kind of name I can think of to describe how stupid they are.

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
people have always been stupid but its a different kinda stupid now.

you feel me? i love how people are trying to compare the ignorance of the past (which was mainly dude to not having the information readily accessible btw) to the pure willfull buffonery of the younger generation today. :childplease: :stopitslime: