:snoop: @ the Twitter generation

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I'm not even gonna say they dumber though.

Alot of people thought dumb sh!t like this in the past but never had an outlet to have it exposed to this extent. I've heard females ask some of the dumbest ever but I just happen to be the only witness and twitter or facebook wasn't around.

S/N, I really wouldn't be surprised if alot of white kids didn't know who Rodney King was.

true true, but the problem isnt having twitter and facebook. its the idea that you would even THINK to post your stupidity for the world to see.

i know in my years on earth i have asked some really dumb questions. and some may say i have above average intelligence. hey there just some stuff you didnt learn, or wasnt listening when someone was speaking on a topic. for whatever reason you just miss some stuff.
but i would NEVER.

let me reiterate..
I would NEVAAA
put a dumb question out there for all to know how dumb i am. lol. i'm whispering "so hey, was the titanic real?"
then when some old head gives me that look :aicmon: i would then assume its real. and never ask again.

see the beauty of the internets(yall youngins aint using it right). is that you dont have to ask these dumb questions at all. just google it, make sure you have 3 to 5 sources to go from and if they all are the same. then you have your answer. no reason to be uninformed about something you dont know.

google to youngins should be what my older brother, mother, and pops was to me. but instead yall rather look dumb for the world to see.

concise

Veteran
Daps
So the world started when they were born? :wtb:

Nothing matters prior to when you were born? Don't cosign this ignorance. We gotta get kids to want more knowledge, right? :yeshrug:

:upsetfavre:
So, by the time you were 15, you had great knowledge of everything that happened within 5-10 years of your birth?
I think we all know the answer to that.
:childplease:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
That means she was 5 when the whole thing went down :upsetfavre:

:what::why:

If she's 15 and something went down 20 years ago, that means she wasnt born.

Exactly. How can you not want to know more about your world, race relations, etc? they directly affect how you live your life:bryan:

I mean I'm not saying these kids need to be able to discuss political theory, but damn is it too much to expect them to know about Rodney King? A fukking race riot started in LA in the early 90s as a result of him catching that :deadhorse:

Yeah, the avaliability of abundance of information is a gift/curse.

A gift to those such as us 80's babies who appreciate being able to learn more about stuf we always wondered about or never knew alot about, and a curse b/c the younger gen will only use the internet to watch post stupid comments on twitter

ThatTruth777

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its ironic. Living in the information age and I almost feel like people knew more before it :laugh:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
So, by the time you were 15, you had great knowledge of everything that happened within 5-10 years of your birth?

Yeah. I'd say I did for alot of it. And not much even happene in the 5 years before I was born.

These kids now have had wars like Desert Storm, the initial WTC bombing, OKC Bombing, David Koresh, LA riots etc happen within 5 years of their life. These were all HUGE things that were all over TV and newspapers everyday.

And most of them dont know squat about of it. Most of the kids today seem to be the literal embodiment of
DEEC6E86539021C416FBFA3AE1B09CAF.jpg

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Exactly. How can you not want to know more about your world, race relations, etc? they directly affect how you live your life:bryan:

like i said ....they're content to live in complete and utter ignorance about everything that isn't entertainment related. and it's sad becaue that's exactly what "the powers that be" have been aiming for a while now. why would a 15 year old care about Politics after all? :rolleyes: yeah like the same social politics that will affect your ability to afford the college of your choice in just 3 short years? nah f*ck that... who cares i'm young... Snooki's on! :rolleyes:

the most willfully ignorant generation to date. the parents (babies having babies a lot of them) share the blame.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
the issue isn't that a 15 yo doesn't know who rodney king is. the issue that their first instinct is to tweet "who is rodney king?" instead of doing a google search and reading a wikipedia link. the fact that the information is that much more readily available and not accessed.

Doctor Gonzo

Head full of acid
Daps

I was 15 when Titanic the movie came out. I knew it was real. The Titanic went down over 80 years before that. What's the excuse for the kids nowadays?