Snoop says fukk ROOTS, calls for boycott of show

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Gods of Egypt is not the only movie depicting Egyptians as white.:comeon:

Gods of Egypt and Egyptians has nothing to do with this. That arguement should not even be part of the importance of the new generations benefits of seeing Roots. Furthermore were egyptians taken as part of the Transatlantic slave trade? No. That is not my history.

He's calling for the boycott of the movie. Not the history behind it

His reasoning, which in the clip itself was contradictory, is about boycotting history. He is tired of it being brought up. Again, that arguement should not even be part of the importance of the new generations benefits of seeing Roots in this form. I previously said why.

And snoop is actually in works to bring out a show right now depicting exactly what he called for.

Good I hope he does, I hope we all watch and it is truthful and positive. I can do that and still disagree with his stance here.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Gods of Egypt and Egyptians has nothing to do with this. That arguement should not even be part of the importance of the new generations benefits of seeing Roots. Furthermore were egyptians taken as part of the Transatlantic slave trade? No. That is not my history.
You brought up that movie not me.

I said that Hollywood is uncomfortable with "black" movies unless the black people are suffering.

You decided to start playing dumb :francis:

His reasoning, which in the clip itself was contradictory, is about boycotting history. He is tired of it being brought up. Again, that arguement should not even be part of the importance of the new generations benefits of seeing Roots in this form. I previously said why.
He never said anything about boycotting history. You made that up.

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
Yes me must protect the purity of blacks as slaves. .. .

But not at all make movies about. .. .the buffalo soldiers, matthew henson, or even if we're going to talk slavery, how about more narratives!

Nicodemus, Kansas for example. .

And stop acting like there aren't black people who don't boycott ignorant rap.

Most black people are watching these slaves movies ad nasuem... few people are boycotting.

yall got hidden colors for that:troll:

Keywords is snoop start a boycott on ignorant rap

Raava

Staff member
Daps
You brought up that movie not me.

I said that Hollywood is uncomfortable with "black" movies unless the black people are suffering.

You decided to start playing dumb :francis:

He never said anything about boycotting history. You made that up.

I brought up the most recent movie people were in an up roar about, yes. What I said can be applied to any Egyptain movie.

Not playing dumb.

That arguement nor Snoops should not even be part of the importance of the new generations benefits of seeing Roots..

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Can't watch movies of Black people taking abuse but doesn't mind making music about Black people taking abuse at the hands of other Black people.

get Snoop the fukk outta here.

Deflecting like a by
So here you pretend to not know the difference between a fictional story for entertainment, and a Historical movie?:stopitslime:

Exactly .Nikkas out there using Bill Oreilly bulletpoints and shyt. :martin:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I brought up the most recent movie people were in an up roar about, yes. What I said can be applied to any Egyptain movie.

Not playing dumb.

That arguement nor Snoops should not even be part of the importance of the new generations benefits of seeing Roots..
Yes it does. If all the new generation gets to see is black people getting beat and mistreated, with no balance, then yes that's very damaging to them.

They never see black kings and queens. Never get to see modern happy black families. But they have images of black people suffering fed to them.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Yes it does. If all the new generation gets to see is black people getting beat and mistreated, with no balance, then yes that's very damaging to them.

They never see black kings and queens. Never get to see modern happy black families. But they have images of black people suffering fed to them.

"Slave movies" are waaaayyy down the list of things that are harmful for Black youth, have a listen to the music these kids listen to or the movies they watch if you're looking for something that's "harmful".

Black kids might watch Roots once in their entire lives and listen to destructive music every day of the week.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Roots is black history and about salvery it shouldn't be aired on Memorial day? Did you read what I said?
Memorial Day has turned into a day to celebrate in remembrance of those lost, not a day to mourn.

I can understand the sentiment of not wanting to spend your day off watching black people suffer.

But I also understand why it was aired on Memorial day

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
"Slave movies" are waaaayyy down the list of things that are harmful for Black youth, have a listen to the music these kids listen to or the movies they watch if you're looking for something that's "harmful".

Black kids might watch Roots once in their entire lives and listen to destructive music every day of the week.
fukk outa here with this dumb shyt:camby:

Um. Ghouls

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The climb

Yeah breh, black on black crime is chief keefs fault :smugfavre:

Your daily reminger black on black crimes heyday was the 70's. Full of heartwarming lyrics of black love :troll:

I guess they was crippin to the temptations, eh?

Raava

Staff member
Daps

There haven't been any shows about modern sucessful black people? There haven't been movies about the positive things in our history? Boyce just complained about the Pursuit of Happiness :what: None about Modern black families? A Different World. The Hugleys, Blackish, My wife and kids, Living single, Girlfriends, Rosewood (TV), Being Mary jane, Everybody Hates Chris, Sisters in Law, The Carmichael show etc... Not to mention others being in leading powerful, positive roles in other shows. The issue is there not being more and those shows having viewer support. The issues are reality TV depicting us negatively.

The issues are not Roots.