SMDH.........Juwan Howard has ruined and destroyed the University of Michigan basketball program. (FIRED!!!!!!!!!!)

lurker emeritus

low quantity poster
Daps
Reppin
stl (north side)
Penny just recruits weirdly.

Penny's biggest flaw is that especially now, there's no reason for Memphis to never be worse than 2nd in that conference.
penny's biggest issue is nepotism.

he's had talent every year but plays favorites and doesn't maximize what he has on his rosters.
he has a good record against the likes of the acc/sec/big10, so he has shown what he is capable of.
he just needs to play his best guys and i hope he doesn't run off/scare away any more players.

still rather be in his shoes than juwan (at the moment), who seems to be embarrassing himself like ewing.

Last edited:

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
He never was a good coach He was able to win with Beilein's players and be a solid recruiter his first couple seasons

Beilein is legit probably the most underrated CBB coach of all time

I swear Dan Gilbert deliberately wanted to knock down Michigan basketball offering Beilien that insane contract to coach the Cavs

Daps
Reppin
Chi

:ld: HE DID GET TO AN ELITE 8.

ONE PUTRID SEASON SHOULDNT DO HIM IN.

:devil:
:evil:

While I agree that he had success, That was with Beilien's players...he's gotten worse and worse as Beilein's players were washed out of the program.

Last year Juwan missed the tournament with 2 first round picks and an all American center.

This year they're the worst P5 program in the country.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
People forget how awful Michigan basketball was from about 98-2009, Beiline completely turned that program around

He had one of the best eyes for talent, and always developed his players. Had he stayed, he hits another F4 or 2 and probably wins it all

And I saw all this as an MSU fan...

Didn't take Juwan long to run it into the ground

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
While I agree that he had success, That was with Beilien's players...he's gotten worse and worse as Beilein's players were washed out of the program.

Last year Juwan missed the tournament with 2 first round picks and an all American center.

This year they're the worst P5 program in the country.
Quite common in college sports. Once the players from the previous coach start to fade away, the new coach gets exposed...for better or worse.

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Quite common in college sports. Once the players from the previous coach start to fade away, the new coach gets exposed...for better or worse.

Juwan brought in a top 3 class one year and until the last class or 2, probably recruited better than Beiline ever did.

Difference is, Beiline knew how to find talent, develop talent, and actually coach. His teams were fiercely competitive. Juwan's teams have had zero heart

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
Michigan has the money to go get a Nate Oats or even Tommy Lloyd at Arizona but the school will never pay a basketball coach more money than the football coach because of pride :francis:

I don't want to hear Jalen Rose say nothing about the school doing Juwan wrong :beli: Juwan's in-game adjustments and rotations are ass. nikkas on the court playing with no passion. Straight up AAU/iso ball and no sets. :russ:Straight up embarrassment.

This guy thinks Tommy would leave Arizona.

🤣🤣🤣

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Juwan brought in a top 3 class one year and until the last class or 2, probably recruited better than Beiline ever did.

Difference is, Beiline knew how to find talent, develop talent, and actually coach. His teams were fiercely competitive. Juwan's teams have had zero heart
He spent 6 seasons as an assistant with the Heat. He could he not prosper with that experience?

Coaching just isn't for everybody.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I thought this was one of the best hires ever initially. That first year was great

WTF happened?

Daps
Reppin
Chi
He spent 6 seasons as an assistant with the Heat. He could he not prosper with that experience?

Coaching just isn't for everybody.
Sheiittt...dappin up Bron and running a program top to bottom are vastly different.

He know's how to develop Bigs. As lousy as MI is this year, their B1Gs can score

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
Also Juwan letting his son Jett come in and never holding him accountable for his mistakes. Kid never played defense and constantly played iso ball. It was almost like Juwan was more focused on getting his son to the NBA than the overall team. Funny enough the team played its best ball when Jett was injured and out of the lineup. Once he came back team went on a losing streak.

Assistant coaches Howard Eisley and Phil Martelli are on the bench just stealing money :russ:

Loved the Fab Five and Juwan as a player but get him the fukk out of Ann Arbor :camby:

Last edited:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Sheiittt...dappin up Bron and running a program top to bottom are vastly different.

He know's how to develop Bigs. As lousy as MI is this year, their B1Gs can score
I get that, but I figured he would have learned some things from Riles and Spo.

Also, the Heatles broke up in 2014, and Howard remained until 2019. That's plenty of time to develop.......as Spo was able to exhibit his coaching chops.