Small black city is "taken over" as soon as they get a large lucrative corporate investment..

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Even two days ago, Tariq was saying how black judges on the Supreme Court dont matter :mjlol:
I can't even laugh at it anymore, that man's rhetoric is dangerous. Especially since he's appealing to a group of people who already feel disenfranchised. I just hope it's some fringe shyt that stays on the internet.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Hopefully some money folks got in touch with the city. All of these greek organizations, and NAACPs, etc are worthless if they don't step up in this situation.

Well similar organizations didn't do shyt when Baltimore was dealing with its Freddie Gray situation. So, I don't expect much on that end.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I can't even laugh at it anymore, that man's rhetoric is dangerous. Especially since he's appealing to a group of people who already feel disenfranchised. I just hope it's some fringe shyt that stays on the internet.

????? What man's rhetoric

Edub

Veteran
Daps
The city of Mason will win in court…. Being Financially destitute does not mean handing over a city charter, if that were the case Detroit would have been taken over long ago as well as many other cities…. The question is can the city afford the length of the legal fight ……

With that Ford money they can (actually the ford money would fix there issues…and that needs to be there defense)

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
????? What man's rhetoric
I don't like his anti-immigrant takes. West Indian and African ni99as are not "competing" with ADOS. And we weren't worried about them until people like him got a platform to spew that nonsense. This whole "ADOS verzuz" shyt is a fallacy. The data (many peoples personal experiences) don't support what he's pushing. When did the diaspora suddenly become the enemy? And then he wants to espouse on "tangibles"? Supreme Court appointments are precisely that. Telling folks not to vote is foolish. This week's SCOTUS hearings prove exactly just that. I understand his frustration and yea, this de-facto two party shyt sucks. I get that. But his energy could be channeled in better ways. This Mason, TN situation is exactly why voting matters. Majority black town but historically elected white politicians :stopitslime:. Until, what, 2016? How does that happen? He just seems like a quasi-educated grifter.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
The city of Mason will win in court…. Being Financially destitute does not mean handing over a city charter, if that were the case Detroit would have been taken over long ago as well as many other cities…. The question is can the city afford the length of the legal fight ……

With that Ford money they can (actually the ford money would fix there issues…and that needs to be there defense)

There's no lawsuit. There's nothing to sue for.

The voters get to choose if they want to dissolve they town or not. They likely won't.

The County can still manage the towns finances.

So the money would still be going to the town, just that the County will approve the budget.

This whole story is bullshyt race baiting, imo

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville

The voters get to choose if they want to dissolve they town or not. They likely won't.

So the money would still be going to the town, just that the County will approve the budget.

You are either posing as black, or you never lived in the south to know how white folks operate. Around some real black people that will let you know

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA

Hey you dumb fukk. The county that's currently telling them 'bend the knee, or else' will be the one approving any town expenditure over $100. Most men wouldn't even be OK with their wives having to approve every $100.01 purchase. My company card doesn't require prior authorization for any charge under $10,000 as long as I expense it after the fact so 1) we can move fast and not be held up and 2) we are adults.

What makes you think that this white cave dwelling racist lump of a man knows what's best for a town full of black folk and is going to deal with them in good faith? He doesn't even think they can fully 'articulate' what they need (his words).

How many of those expenditures are going to be held up and/or denied out of pure spite? In hopes of making shyt as painful as possible and forcing them into destitution. Hoping that they'll give up their town charter and let the county put up luxury apartment buildings and mini malls.

GTFO :camby:

Last edited:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Hey you dumb fukk. The county that's currently telling them 'bend the knee, or else' will be the one approving any town expenditure over $100. Most men wouldn't even be OK with their wives having to approve every $100.01 purchase. My company card doesn't require prior authorization for any charge under $10,000 as long as I expense it after the fact so 1) we can move fast and not be held up and 2) we are adults.

What makes you think that this white cave dwelling racist lump of a man knows what's best for a town full of black folk and is going to deal with them in good faith? He doesn't even think they can fully 'articulate' what they need (his words).

How many of those expenditures are going to be held up and/or denied out of pure spite? In hopes of making shyt as painful as possible and forcing them into destitution. Hoping that they'll give up their town charter and let the county put up luxury apartment buildings and mini malls.

GTFO :camby:
Crybaby bullshyt.

You're probably a good employee with a good track record so, no they're not micromanaging you.

This employee, the town, has been trash for a long time and CONTINUES, to be trash.

They are, in the present, misappropriating funds and missing deadlines.

If you were that bad they'd micromanage you as well

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Crybaby bullshyt.

You're probably a good employee with a good track record so, no they're not micromanaging you.

This employee, the town, has been trash for a long time and CONTINUES, to be trash.

They are, in the present, misappropriating funds and missing deadlines.

If you were that bad they'd micromanage you as well
:scust: