Momentum

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why are we discussing TODD brehs? He's battling PGs on the undercard of a PPV brehs

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
I only wanted to see 3 battles from this shytty ass card.. Smack stay fukking my shyt up. I'll wait for the Lux v Clips bootleg. :yeshrug:

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
smh come on Smack..Clips just lost to Hollow..Rex got washed on stage twice in his last two.. You need to be PPV both days AND behind the scenes for this horrible card

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Smfh at T Rex vs T Top being one of the four battles streamed. Official's performance against Jaz should've guaranteed her spot on the PPV. Now we just gonna get updates and recaps talking about how that battle completely had the crowd going nuts.

theskeep

Pro
Daps
If you think about it..

PPV battles have a completely different value from regular (youtube) battles..

Youtube battles you're getting repeat views, people forwarding it to other people, etc. It's like a viral clip.

With the ppv though, it's just a whole different game and I think Smack is smart to put those specific battles on ppv. I remember watching Hollow/Clips the last PPV and just thinking.. damn.. these dudes have no bars. I'm watching two dudes that I like to see rap, but there's really nothing special about the battle itself. Except that its ppv and everybodys watching it at the same time. Like if that Clips/Lux wasn't on PPV.. and if they weren't two hyped up dudes... it would literally just be just another battle. Because you know you're not getting anything THAT new outta these guys, it's their established character that is selling the PPV. And I know people are gonna kill me for that comment, but you gotta admit that most of that battle is either already written (w/ their pasts, etc), or its bars that you know is not gonna be ground-breaking, just stuff that they are known for. What I'm saying is.. it's not gonna be no battle of the year contender. Probably not.

It's just interesting to me. But I think PPV is definitely the route Smack's gonna wanna go with all the "top tiers".. the guys that are smart enough to not lose but still are going to put up good, albeit predictable, bars

Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you think about it..

PPV battles have a completely different value from regular (youtube) battles..

Youtube battles you're getting repeat views, people forwarding it to other people, etc. It's like a viral clip.

With the ppv though, it's just a whole different game and I think Smack is smart to put those specific battles on ppv. I remember watching Hollow/Clips the last PPV and just thinking.. damn.. these dudes have no bars. I'm watching two dudes that I like to see rap, but there's really nothing special about the battle itself. Except that its ppv and everybodys watching it at the same time. Like if that Clips/Lux wasn't on PPV.. and if they weren't two hyped up dudes... it would literally just be just another battle. Because you know you're not getting anything THAT new outta these guys, it's their established character that is selling the PPV. And I know people are gonna kill me for that comment, but you gotta admit that most of that battle is either already written (w/ their pasts, etc), or its bars that you know is not gonna be ground-breaking, just stuff that they are known for. What I'm saying is.. it's not gonna be no battle of the year contender. Probably not.

It's just interesting to me. But I think PPV is definitely the route Smack's gonna wanna go with all the "top tiers".. the guys that are smart enough to not lose but still are going to put up good, albeit predictable, bars

Lol i get what your saying it might not live up to the hype as a back and forth classic....i could care less on clips part.

That'd be his fault just like Lux did with Mook. No favortism on that. I wanna see lux drag that fat fukk all over the venue for the bullshyt Clips do and get away with. Lux unlike Clips owns up to his bullshyt....he got somethin to prove this time and hes pissed at that. Idk what a pissed off lux can say that would be "regular" shyt cause thats never been the case when he on it like that, but Im lookin for a 3-0 shut out or clear 2-1 at best. Be the best $35 i spent for a ppv battle lol

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
SM5 footage and debates gon hold us over til that Fliiko/Craig drop :ehh:

Supa writer might fukk trez up lowkey :patrice: he been sittin on bars for years now

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
nikkas really gonna pay to see:
DNA/Shine v chess/steams :gag:
T top v T Rex aka the mixtape bar battle

Cal vs Roc :gag: If I had a billi, I'd bet every cent call gets booed again. How many times does this nikka have to get booed at summer madness for URL to stop booking this clown??

:pachaha:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Cal vs Roc :gag: If I had a billi, I'd bet every cent call gets booed again. How many times does this nikka have to get booed at summer madness for URL to stop booking this clown??

Lol @ the mixtape battle

That's a real appropriate title for that trex/top battle.

In all fairness to top, he spits new material as far as I know. His shyt could easily be from a mixtape though (not famaliar with his music) but he sells that shyt on stage.

Is there anyone in battle rap quick to spit mixtape bars like rex?

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I really hate the fact that now every time Cal battles on the URL its at SM. What a waste of a slot

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Lol @ the mixtape battle

That's a real appropriate title for that trex/top battle.

In all fairness to top, he spits new material as far as I know. His shyt could easily be from a mixtape though (not famaliar with his music) but he sells that shyt on stage.

Is there anyone in battle rap quick to spit mixtape bars like rex?

Top vs Rex reminds me of one of those old D block vs gunit mixtapes. :pachaha:

Straight generic bar fest.