Skyrim: where do I begin?

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Yea I wanna explore and find all the spots. Treasure hunt and step my magic, skills and weapons up. Where do I find a horse?

I think Ima go to magic college first.

I copped the Legendary Edition.
Mage builds in Skyrim can be kinda hard because some spells can suck up mana and the regen during fights is like frozen molasses. Even with enchanted gear you might have a tough time. If you get into it with a mage using lightning-based magic you might as well keep a dagger or sword around.

I normally run stealth archer builds. Thieves Guild, build sneak, lockpick, and pickpocket, then run the Dark Brotherhood line, all the while training smithing so I can make my own bows.
I make sure to pickpocket Astrid's dagger before the end so you can have 2 of them.
There's an exploit with the pair of archers training in Solitude, I believe, where you just take the arrows they shoot into the target for an endless supply. Takes a while, but when you have ~500 arrows, you never really run out anymore. Plus you can pickpocket their steel arrows, replace them with Daedric or whatever you have that's stronger, and then repeat the process.

I wish Skyrim had localized hit detection so that head/neck shots deal more damage than torso or legs and so on. There's a mod out there but it only works on people and it's a little laggy. It also works on the player so you can catch a stray arrow to the head and well :francis:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Did the first Dragon mission and then the first Farkas mission. Went to the spot and before I went into the area inside I saw some stairs leading to the top.

Went up and the music became intense. :patrice:

I heard some sounds and expected an abominal snowman to pop out of the blackness of the cave. I see a red dot on my marker and turned around and saw a mutha fukkin Dragon :merchant:

I backed down quick. fukk Ima take on a dragon with a bow and arrow on level 6 with a side kick with the same equipment? :rudy:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
You can always grind.... :coffee: it is not required you pay...
I'm just battling it out for weapons. I wanna craft and enchant, but don't know where to begin.

Right now I'm just collecting shyt and storing it in a barrel inside the Companions pad until I can get a house. I need like 200 gold.

This shyt is like Fallout on steroids when it comes to doing things. Missions, getting skills up, etc. it's overwhelming.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I'm just battling it out for weapons. I wanna craft and enchant, but don't know where to begin.

Right now I'm just collecting shyt and storing it in a barrel inside the Companions pad until I can get a house. I need like 200 gold.

This shyt is like Fallout on steroids when it comes to doing things. Missions, getting skills up, etc. it's overwhelming.

I think you can buy the breezehome for 5000 but you gotta be a thane first in order to purchase property... :ehh: I would start there. Keep killing bandits and doing quests sell their items and do bounties until you make that 5000. Making and selling armors to other blacksmiths would earn you tons of money too...

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I think you can buy the breezehome for 5000 but you gotta be a thane first in order to purchase property... :ehh: I would start there. Keep killing bandits and doing quests sell their items and do bounties until you make that 5000. Making and selling armors to other blacksmiths would earn you tons of money too...
Found a "glitch" where I can buy houses and keep the gold. Just did it. :banderas:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Found a "glitch" where I can buy houses and keep the gold. Just did it. :banderas:

Good and since you live next door to a blacksmith you have all you need... :youngsabo: There's also a place called Narzulbur they have an ebony mine you can gain access to get you a shytload of ebony ingots...

Go and get them and bring them back sell to adrianne and the other black smith... also store alot for yourself cause you gonna need alot to make ebony armor when you get to that lvl... you gotta start small. keep crafting armors...elvish: moonstone and dwarvish: dwarf metal ingots.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Good and since you live next door to a blacksmith you have all you need... :youngsabo: There's also a place called Narzulbur they have an ebony mine you can gain access to get you a shytload of ebony ingots...

Go and get them and bring them back sell to adrianne and the other black smith... also store alot for yourself cause you gonna need alot to make ebony armor when you get to that lvl... you gotta start small. keep crafting armors...elvish: moonstone and dwarvish: dwarf metal ingots.
Does it matter what kind of character I picked? I picked an imperialist since they can use magic and weapons hand and hand. Or does picking just give an advantage in certain areas while the rest stay low?

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Does it matter what kind of character I picked? I picked an imperialist since they can use magic and weapons hand and hand. Or does picking just give an advantage in certain areas while the rest stay low?

No it doesnt matter anyone you choose can pick up and master certain skills in the game... :ehh: