Skylar White was RIGHT!!

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Not one time in 5 seasons did Skylar give dome.......

And she was a hoe.

A nagging hoe who don't suck dikk with a disabled son

His midlife crisis was set In stone years in advance
Walt was p*ssy.. When he started selling that meth and killing people, suddenly he was hitting it from the back at night, finger banging her in the pta meeting, and fukking her in the parking lot after.... And she was with ALL of it.

You gotta be a man sometimes Walt.. You 20 years in..

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
On my first rewatch and just started season 3. Skylar was a nosy broad and definitely had a bytchy side to her. She came off annoying too. I understand the hate she gets.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
She acted like a normal person. I think the 50th bday hand job set her up for guys to not like her. She also gets in the way of Walter being a criminal which is the fun part to viewers.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
first watch, i did find her annoying and I think the show wants you to dislike her in some form. of course, this was taken to the next level when the actress started receiving death threats from "fans" of the show.

every subsequent watch and just generally becoming more of a mature person, Skylar's plight is totally understood. Walt is crazy, selfish, narcissist. let's be real, from the start, this has all been about HIS ego. He became a drug dealer and meth cooker because he loved it and it brought excitement to his otherwise mundane life. For some fans, it's not enough that he admits that he loved the sport of it.

I think Walt is just an easy character to root for. The first season establishes his character (his TRUE character) so well, even though most find the first season a drag, I think it's the most insightful when it comes to understanding why Walt is absolutely NOT a person we should root for. But the show is written so well that you don't start realizing how insane this man is until the end. That's just good storytelling if you ask me.

We start off identifying with Walt and wanting to root for him so we justify all of his actions. But once we get to the end and see all he's done, he's irredeemable. That's why its easier to realize he was wrong when you go back to do a rewatch. I knew he was truly wrong when Hank got merked. The wholetime they make you feel like "Goddamn Hank, just go away, let it go, stop putting your nose in shyt". Then when you step back, you realize Walt really fukked Hank. There was NO way anyone would ever believe Hank didn't know his brother-in-law was the biggest meth dealer on the West Coast. His career would be toast, his credibility gone and he'd be facing investigations probably. When he got merked still trying to be a stand up dude, I started to see things Hank's way and then I realized Skylar wasn't the real POS anymore and that it was Walt.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
She acted like a normal person. I think the 50th bday hand job set her up for guys to not like her. She also gets in the way of Walter being a criminal which is the fun part to viewers.

What you mean set her up?

I found her pushing Walt to do Chemo very distasteful as well. That's a personal decision, if Walt wanted to die with dignity, that was his right.

But yes, Walt is the villain of the show.

We start off identifying with Walt and wanting to root for him so we justify all of his actions. But once we get to the end and see all he's done, he's irredeemable. That's why its easier to realize he was wrong when you go back to do a rewatch. I knew he was truly wrong when Hank got merked. The wholetime they make you feel like "Goddamn Hank, just go away, let it go, stop putting your nose in shyt". Then when you step back, you realize Walt really fukked Hank. There was NO way anyone would ever believe Hank didn't know his brother-in-law was the biggest meth dealer on the West Coast. His career would be toast, his credibility gone and he'd be facing investigations probably. When he got merked still trying to be a stand up dude, I started to see things Hank's way and then I realized Skylar wasn't the real POS anymore and that it was Walt.

Walt would have died in a year, and Hank would have been good. Hank nearly got killed by those twins... fukking with the cartel would have got him dropped eventually :francis:

Side note, when did people start rooting for the Feds, even in fictional tales?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why is Skylar so angry and mean to Walt, all he did was lie to her a bunch of times and picked drug dealing, putting her family at risk of physical harm, jail, embarrassment, over a cushy consultant job with a billion dollar company?:picard:
She also was banging another criminal, the one who was cooking the books

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Was she shrill and annoying, yes. But ultimately she stuck by him through some insane shyt and even when she stopped being in love with him she still tried to at least looke out for him in her own way.

I think its a testament to the acting and writing that people sided with Walt and hated Skylar even though she was in the right for the most part.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
with BCS, I feel like Gilligan wanted to make a female character that would truly be worthy of the hate Skylar got in Kim

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What you mean set her up?

I found her pushing Walt to do Chemo very distasteful as well. That's a personal decision, if Walt wanted to die with dignity, that was his right.

But yes, Walt is the villain of the show.

Walt would have died in a year, and Hank would have been good. Hank nearly got killed by those twins... fukking with the cartel would have got him dropped eventually :francis:

Side note, when did people start rooting for the Feds, even in fictional tales?

People been fukking with the FBI since "X-Files" which was damn near 30 years ago.

So I'm not sure what you mean.

Fred.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First watch i was younger and i thought she was annoying.

Second watch, she was still the annoying suburban sheltered white woman we got to know but i kinda saw her perspective as well.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
First watch i was younger and i thought she was annoying.

Second watch, she was still the annoying suburban sheltered white woman we got to know but i kinda saw her perspective as well.
her perspective was that it was ok when she got her own little power running that car wash.

africngiant

All Star
Daps
walts a goat idc

hank should have rode for his nikka and jesse is an emotional rat