Skylar White was RIGHT!!

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I’m not saying she’s perfect. I never did. I said the hate she got was way over the top. And in the end, if he listened to her, he’d be rich with grey matter or at least better off than what ended up happening. What expect your wife to do?

I think that's fair. The hate she got (especially in real life) was ridiculous.

I think a lot of people expected Walt to swallow his pride and eat from the hand of those who made a fortune off his IP... Most people are prideful for less. His issue was channeling that pride into being a drug lord...

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Why hate Skylar when Marie is right there??

Only thing I can fault Skylar for is giving the money to Ted.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't disagree with the premise of the thread but ultimately it's a moot point.

People prefer Walt because none of us have experiential overlap (word to Hank) with his type of evil. Nobody on here knows drug lords worth $80 million that poison kids and blow up cartel bosses. Because we have no frame of reference for it, his evil is just entertainment to us.

Skyler on the other hand is an exceedingly annoying woman. She cheated on her husband. She smokes while pregnant. Anyone can relate to, and hate, someone like that.

It's the same reason (no spoilers) people turned on Saul and Kim 100x faster than they ever did Walt.

Fred.

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
^ Reminds me of the flip-flopping/hatred ppl had for Wendy Bryde. People can only accept their antagonist as a flawed but understandable character. No one else gets that same level of empathy, especially if they are of the opposite gender.
Nah Wendy was a evil, bytch from the beginning. We were introduced to her by cheating and taking random dikk. She never got better... Only worse

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nah Wendy was a evil, bytch from the beginning. We were introduced to her by cheating and taking random dikk. She never got better... Only worse
You could say the same about Walt White. With Wendy, you at least see her really break from reality/morality after her brother's death and you can also see how she became the person she is when her father appears.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I don't disagree with the premise of the thread but ultimately it's a moot point.

People prefer Walt because none of us have experiential overlap (word to Hank) with his type of evil. Nobody on here knows drug lords worth $80 million that poison kids and blow up cartel bosses. Because we have no frame of reference for it, his evil is just entertainment to us.

Skyler on the other hand is an exceedingly annoying woman. She cheated on her husband. She smokes while pregnant. Anyone can relate to, and hate, someone like that.

It's the same reason (no spoilers) people turned on Saul and Kim 100x faster than they ever did Walt.

Fred.
I'll never turn on Kim :hhh:

:mjlol:

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
As i’ve said before on this topic..

Skylar fukked up when she WENT BACK TO WALT AFTER THEIR DIVORCE.

She went BACK. KNOWING ALL THE shyt HE WAS INTO

That was the moment she became just as culpable as him.

Matter of fact, if I recall correctly she never even actually went THROUGH with the divorce! She could have taken the kids and cut out and left Walt to his own fate if she was that horrified by his actions. But she saw that pile of money Walt had hidden in the basement and she too was seduced by the potential wealth even though she hemmed and hawed and bytched and cried.

You can’t be half way in and way out. Thats why I think people hate the character. I don’t recall too many people hating on her BEFORE season 4. Which I believe is the season she used WALT’S MONEY (from the business she claimed to “hate”) to solve HER problem. The season her own therapist told her cut out and leave and she..you know…DIDN’T. And a bunch of other flip floppy shyt.

Ain’t no such things as halfway crooks
She insisted on getting involved as she couldn't deal with the idea that Walt could function without her.

Walt refusing to leave the house gave her a sense of power. However, after he signed those papers, stopped simping, and moved into that bachelor slot, suddenly she was on some "can we talk about this?"

I don't buy into the "danger" factor either.

Even if Walt's mid-life ascension was via LEGAL VENTURE, Skyler's behavior would be no different.

skokiaan

African original
Daps
Reppin
One Africa
People just hated that fake wholesome family shyt her and marie used to do. They never interacted with anyone outside their family and lived in a safe bubble..that self righteousness when she was a female version of Walter minus the constant threats to her life.

Spending more time in the real world changed Walter, he started to realise the fake tough guy in Hank and despised that everyone treated his fake ass as a hero..even his own son. Btw Hank card was pulled in el Paso when dealing with the real cartel...walt didnt like this guy and enjoyed punking him.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Not one time in 5 seasons did Skylar give dome.......

And she was a hoe.

A nagging hoe who don't suck dikk with a disabled son

His midlife crisis was set In stone years in advance