Skip Bayless Leaving FS1

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
If he dips, it’ll be to go independent imo. Seems his production company, the volume, is doing well. I can see him sticking around though. Skip leaving just upped Colin’s asking price.
Doing really well is an understatement. Last time I checked the Volume is worth $100 million.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Doing really well is an understatement. Last time I checked the Volume is worth $100 million.
Yea it was lol. I didnt realize they were doing that well. Damn. I know they got Club Shay Shay/Night Cap and the show with Draymond. I didnt know much about their other shows though. Im assuming they got all the shows under shannon's feed too like Jeff Teague's show(Club 520).

I see why Shannon was willing to sign with Colin/The Volume and have Colin "show him the game" when it comes to running a production company. :ehh:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
When is the last time Skip done a serious interview with an major professional athlete? The majority of his guest hosts were former pros just to give insight on a game or a team.

Same can be said for Shannon, or Carmelo Anthony, or JJ Reddikk, etc before they started their podcast. But here we are. Still not understanding your point

Treblemaka

President, BYNKRadio.com (Retired)
Daps
Reppin
Black Empowerment
Same can be said for Shannon, or Carmelo Anthony, or JJ Reddikk, etc before they started their podcast. But here we are. Still not understanding your point

Difference is all of those guys were either starters or all time greats who have plenty of friends and strong relationships with athletes.

Skip's never been a pro athlete or was even a starter in HS, and his only "friends" are his wife and her dog. He can't just pick up the phone and invite someone because no one outside his accountant is answering his calls.

Last edited:

Charlie Sollers

All Star
Daps
Big difference is that they are all former pros who can relate to current pros. Skip doesn't have that going for him and has come across as unlikeable for years.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He can easily go to the Larry King route. Just be the host and interview guests for 1-2 hours an episode
lol easily

His gimmick is debates. Nobody is listening to him interview anybody.

Unlike some of the pros who interview where they can chime in & relate, give inside stories. Skip ain’t doing that

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Looks like Undisputed is officially done

Danny Parkins is my favorite Chicago sports media guy right now, I listen to his show a good deal, esp during football season. Sucks to lose him for Chicago but obviously a great opportunity for him here. Im sure his show will suck (because all these shows suck) and everyone on the internet will hate him though - but hes a a really good local sports guy