Skip Bayless Leaving FS1

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
They aint got no choice. Aint nobody poised to takeover. Colin is in his contract year too.

You think Colin would actually dip? Sounds like he and his wife really dig California, so I'm sure he wouldn't be trying to go back to ESPN. I hope they're not going to force three hours of Jason McIntyre on us if he does leave.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You think Colin would actually dip? Sounds like he and his wife really dig California, so I'm sure he wouldn't be trying to go back to ESPN. I hope they're not going to force three hours of Jason McIntyre on us if he does leave.
Theoretically, he wouldn’t have to move from California if he went back to ESPN as I’m sure they’d make an exception with how desperate they want his services. He’s been on their network a few times in the past couple of years, so the invitation is already there.

If anything, I see him leaving to focus fully on his podcast network, which has been what’s rumored anyways.

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
If he dips, it’ll be to go independent imo. Seems his production company, the volume, is doing well. I can see him sticking around though. Skip leaving just upped Colin’s asking price.

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
If he dips, it’ll be to go independent imo. Seems his production company, the volume, is doing well. I can see him sticking around though. Skip leaving just upped Colin’s asking price.
Colin pretty much have Fox on ransom because he is the only A tier host they have right now. Acho ain't it and I don't think that Wright or FTF can compete with First Take on a daily basis.

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
It was a nice run.

Skip completely ignored baseball, ignored college football to a lesser degree and went entire off-seasons talking about only Lebron and the Dallas Cowboys every other segment....and he did this on 2 major sports networks.

Kind of amazing
It's pretty crazy because they would consistently talk about a variety of different sports on the early iteration of 1st Take with Dana and Jay.
Cuz no one liked him. Most the bts ppl at undisputed probably celebrating. From how SAS and other described him he is a real control freak. Shannon said they would rarely talk before or after shows. Said at most they would say hello to each other IF they passed by one another in the hallway.

I've seen Marcellous Wiley speak positively about him. But he makes sure to separate the off screen(who he says is likable and good) from the on screen.
Not sure what the likes of Bomani/Lebatard have said about it though. I know lebatard was like FS1 owes skip because he and colin made that network.
Yeah, Bo doesn't fukk with Skip. He recalled a debate they had years ago on ESPN that led to him getting blackballed on 1st Take on his podcast last week.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Colin pretty much have Fox on ransom because he is the only A tier host they have right now. Acho ain't it and I don't think that Wright or FTF can compete with First Take on a daily basis.

FTF can be huge. It will never reach First Take ratings but I think it's clearly the best show on FS1 with the most buzz.

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
FTF can be huge. It will never reach First Take ratings but I think it's clearly the best show on FS1 with the most buzz.
Undisputed never beat First Take but it was able to take a chunk out of their weekly ratings and give them a small following. FS1 needs to find a show or someone who can distinguish themselves and keep FS1 relevant. I don't know if Wright or the crew on FTF can make their niche where a following would religiously watch them over what is on ESPN during the same time.

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
I’m going to guess he will front some of his money to push his own independent podcast in a relaunch kind of way, multiple times per week like SAS is doing. Maybe he’ll have guests here n there for a segment. That seems to be the norm now…especially with his “stature”.

He can easily go to the Larry King route. Just be the host and interview guests for 1-2 hours an episode

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
He can easily go to the Larry King route. Just be the host and interview guests for 1-2 hours an episode
Which athlete would want Skip to interview them? Skip sucks on his own personal podcast and his shtick has become outdated. ESPN doesn't want him and I can't see any other decent size sports podcaster wanting to play 2nd fiddle to him where he would want control. Skip needs to enjoy the twilight of life with his wife, dog, and be happy that he made millions by being a troll of Lebron along with his Cowboy fandom:salute: .

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Which athlete would want Skip to interview them? Skip sucks on his own personal podcast and his shtick has become outdated. ESPN doesn't want him and I can't see any other decent size sports podcaster wanting to play 2nd fiddle to him where he would want control. Skip needs to enjoy the twilight of life with his wife, dog, and be happy that he made millions by being a troll of Lebron along with his Cowboy fandom:salute: .

Not sure this is a serious post

Do you know that 1/3 of all of Skip's time on First Take and Undisputed was spent interviewing famous professional athletes?

OSUBaneBrowns

Ohio to California
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA
Not sure this is a serious post

Do you know that 1/3 of all of Skip's time on First Take and Undisputed was spent interviewing famous professional athletes?
When is the last time Skip done a serious interview with an major professional athlete? The majority of his guest hosts were former pros just to give insight on a game or a team.