Skinny nikkas get in here

Tallac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
& if y'all got that fitness pal joint, add me b_low_brown :salute:

fitnesspal says I need to take 2700 calories per day :ld: I will try that 1 pd a week tho and c how far it goes. Between i'm 6'0 and around 135 lbs:snoop:

What will be a great protein shake?

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
damn this thread gave me something to be proud of..I'm 5'9 and was 135-40 :wow: up until I started working out in 2011 now 168..tryna get to that 170 and get the abs in :takedat:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
:snoop: :sigh: once again

Simple thermodynamics:
Calories in vs Calories out

Calories = engery = j = joule
engery = Food = fuel

3500 calories = a pound

Set a target limit for your calorie intake per week...

To add weight 500 calories a day....

To lose weight - 500 calories a day...

500 x 7 days = 3500 calories = a pound a week +-

Too much food = fat

Too much protein = fat

fat isn't muscle...

muscle tissue is comprised of 75% water

Drink f*cking water

Mass and weight aren't the same thing. Humans can gain size / mass / volume and still weigh relatively little.

Humans can weigh a lot and still look piny and half the size of another human who's ripped...

Judging by "mainly" by weight is stupid, unless you're in decent shape, under 10% body fat...

Working out:
More weight, less rep = more mass (under 5 reps)
Less weight, more reps = more definition(+5 reps)

J.Pinkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt, even some of the proteins advertise what amount of protein you get per 25 grams, and they ain't all the same.

Didn't you see the independent tests done on many protein brands? Some advertise like 90% protein yet tests show they only give like 55%

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag9uT-E4EIL7dFZPZnR0WVZybGtFWnRKNzdKNm9XOVE#gid=0

I use Myprotein.com anyway which is basically top of the list.

This clown Trynna give advice when he thinks all proteins are the same :comeon:

Tallac

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
*subs*

At 5'10 135lbs, I'm 26yrs old looking like a sophomore in high school :beli:

I need help brehs :sadcam:

:to: I feel ur pain, exactly the same thing. I still got 2 show my ID and I'm 30 :wtf:

Now I have 2 take protein shake? I dont even know where 2 start. They look the same. I should drink more water tho.

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
shyt, even some of the proteins advertise what amount of protein you get per 25 grams, and they ain't all the same.

Didn't you see the independent tests done on many protein brands? Some advertise like 90% protein yet tests show they only give like 55%

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag9uT-E4EIL7dFZPZnR0WVZybGtFWnRKNzdKNm9XOVE#gid=0

I use Myprotein.com anyway which is basically top of the list.

This clown Trynna give advice when he thinks all proteins are the same :comeon:
Well no shyt some proteins are going to have more per serving, but whey protein is whey protein, no brand has better protein than another. Just added ish to increase the price.

Hence why I said buy the cheapest whey possible. I'm saying not to fall for BS labels, find what you can get the most protein per dollar, not saying brand-wise nikka.

& oh yea that's a real reliable google doc breh :comeon:

& if you're buying some "unreliable" protein then :ufdup: for being an idiotic consumer

Anyways Like I said, all that flashy protein shyt is worthless, cop the regular Costco ish in bulk if taste doesn't matter. Joint lasts forever I swear

& maybe get some casein, that ish digests slower so you can get that steady source of protein when sleeping :ahh:

J.Pinkman

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah but my argument was that even though the Costco one may advertise like 80% protein, it is very unlikely to have that as those results have shown.

It's on Google docs so everyone can see it.

And myprotein isn't an unknown brand, I'd say it's one of the most known brands in Europe.

People buying maximuscle because they see the adverts on tv are the real idiots.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Add protein shakes to your regular 3 meals a day, and you will gain weight/muscle.

I wake up, take a shake. Depending on how I'm feeling, I'll eat some oatmeal or something else a few minutes after taking it. Eat lunch, then when I go to the gym, I take a shake like 30 to 45 minutes before hand and take one right after my work out.

Eat dinner after that, and you will see results.

I'm 5'10 and 1/2, I always fluctuated around 150 to 155 my entire life out of highschool, now after consistently taking protein along with eating my reg meals over the past 4-5 months I'm in the 167 to 170 range.

:lift:

b_low_brown

Daddyface
Daps
Yeah but my argument was that even though the Costco one may advertise like 80% protein, it is very unlikely to have that as those results have shown.

It's on Google docs so everyone can see it.

And myprotein isn't an unknown brand, I'd say it's one of the most known brands in Europe.

People buying maximuscle because they see the adverts on tv are the real idiots.
Ah, in that case I agree 100% :salute:

Ima do some more research to determine which brand gives the most actual protein per dollar.
Add protein shakes to your regular 3 meals a day, and you will gain weight/muscle.

I wake up, take a shake. Depending on how I'm feeling, I'll eat some oatmeal or something else a few minutes after taking it. Eat lunch, then when I go to the gym, I take a shake like 30 to 45 minutes before hand and take one right after my work out.

Eat dinner after that, and you will see results.

I'm 5'10 and 1/2, I always fluctuated around 150 to 155 my entire life out of highschool, now after consistently taking protein along with eating my reg meals over the past 4-5 months I'm in the 167 to 170 range.

:lift:

You won't gain weight without being in a caloric surplus. Protein shakes arent a magical mass gainer.

Track your calories with myfitnesspal & you wont have to wonder if you're doing enough to put on weight :ohlawd: