Since 1980, every other minority has tripled in population except for black Americans

concise

Veteran
Daps
:francis:

This is how you know many people are clueless about basic math, basic percentages.

The population of the nation overall has increased since 1980. If the percentage holds steady, then that percentage has increased at the same rate as the overall population.

A percent jump from 2 to 6 percent is more than triple the overall numbers, you have to know the overall increase as well.

For example, 2 percent of 100 is 2.
6 percent of 200 is 12. That's not triple even though you tripled the percentage.

Black population in 1980 census was 22.5 million.
Black population in 2020 census was 46.9 million.
The numbers have more than doubled, but the percentage barely increased.

tl;dr ... The American education system has failed Americans in reading and mathematics.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:francis:

This is how you know many people are clueless about basic math, basic percentages.

The population of the nation overall has increased since 1980. If the percentage holds steady, then that percentage has increased at the same rate as the overall population.

A percent jump from 2 to 6 percent is more than triple the overall numbers, you have to know the overall increase as well.

For example, 2 percent of 100 is 2.
6 percent of 200 is 12. That's not triple even though you tripled the percentage.

Black population in 1980 census was 22.5 million.
Black population in 2020 census was 46.9 million.

tl;dr ... The American education system has failed Americans in reading and mathematics.
Excellent point.
Didn't need the hostility but i admit i didn't take into account the fact that the overall population has grown.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Immigration

African and Caribbean brehs get discriminated against in the visa process and almost none of the war torn African countries get refugee status for some reason
Latinos have an advantage with a shared border to flood
Asians have been prioritized as legal immigrants, maybe even over cacs

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Immigration

African and Caribbean brehs get discriminated against in the visa process and almost none of the war torn African countries get refugee status for some reason
Latinos have an advantage with a shared border to flood
Asians have been prioritized as legal immigrants, maybe even over cacs
the answer is that US fukkery in the Global South (excluding Africa) is why those groups immigrated here easier than Africans.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
The biggest reason is American black people have no country to get "reinforcements" from like all other races. Even the people from Sub Saharan Africa will delineate themselves by their country or tribe and not skin color. We are alone in the world.
So do Asians

The world is anti Black is the bigger reason

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
I cant believe you got folks in here claiming dems just opened the floodgates when the fukkin DHS doesn't even estimate that we have 20 million illegal immigrants in the country.

the most current estimate is under 12 million, which is lower than the estimate in 2007.

also there's this:

y'all running with bullshyt talking points is proof you're agents to me :mjpls:

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
I cant believe you got folks in here claiming dems just opened the floodgates when the fukkin DHS doesn't even estimate that we have 20 million illegal immigrants in the country.

the most current estimate is under 12 million, which is lower than the estimate in 2007.

also there's this:

y'all running with bullshyt talking points is proof you're agents to me :mjpls:
Facts

Most Africans go to Europe instead , I'm sure the percentage of the Black population has increased over there.
This

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
How have the number of white people changed? If that is shrinking too, it might just be a cultural thing. Immigrants seem to have larger families and all live in the same household more often than most americans
Other minority groups are bolstered by immigration. There are relatively few African descended immigrants.