Simone Biles and husband give interview about their first moments. Husband says he didn't know who Simone was....Black twitter ERUPTS!

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Stop the cap :mjlol: . He told the truth, he was not checking for her. He could have dressed it up a million ways and there would have still been outrage. And that's because he had the audacity to say the great Simone Biles pursued him.
I really think the idea of a women putting the full court press on a breh shes feeling is breaking there brains . It’s the exact opposite of everything they have been taught.

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Its mindsets like this is why men are not on our mark as years past.

As a man, you must have unbridled confidence in who you are and your capacilities.

The fact that society as a problem with a black man representing such self assuredness is crazy.

We are living in the last days, everything needs to be burnt down to the foundation.

Young black couple joking and shooting the shyt with each other gets this level of scrutiny.

Idk, I def believe there are dark forces attempting to create chaos between black man and black woman
Lol, if legitimately believe he's only getting backlash from just black women then you'd be mistaken. Men and especially Women of all races are killing him.

That "men are THE prize" babble needs to be left in the Redpill/Manosphere bubble where it belongs. Uttering that shyt outside of those communities is just opening yourself to criticism.

Y'all are nobodies so you can say whatever the fukk you want. This man is married to arguably the GOAT female athlete so the backlash was inevitable.

Last edited:

bubba scotch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I really think the idea of a women putting the full court press on a breh shes feeling is breaking there brains . It’s the exact opposite of everything they have been taught.

Exactly and when you mix it with some initial disinterest, you have a recipe for outrage.

ViShawn

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Some folks aren't pop culture savvy so maybe that's why her husband didn't know her.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
NO ONE CARES THAT SHE PURSUED HIM.

He played her on the internet.

There is a difference between

“naw, she hit me up”

and

“naw, the question is how did she bag me…I was too busy to keep up with gymnastics”

It’s not what you say, but how you say it.

If she said she was too busy practicing and winning titles to know he was a pro athlete because he doesn’t have the same visibility or FAME as the bigger names in his sport, then what? Would that be ok? Or nah. That’s really all folks are saying.

Again- from my vantage point, this is a young, beautiful black couple in the public eye. This is the young black love Gen Z and younger need to be seeing more of! I’m glad.
BUT, I’m explaining why folks took offense.

For the record, Kevin Samuels put the old school rule back out there years ago: the man is a catch and the woman is a prize. They are both great. It isn’t that deep.
Why take off ense with shyt that literally has nothing to do with you though. (not saying yo personally)> It's their relationship what they eat don't make other people shyt lol. Its especially funny given she said she chased him in previous interviews, and he was just joking around with the panel

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Some folks aren't pop culture savvy so maybe that's why her husband didn't know her.
I truly believe that he is being honest about not knowing who she was cause he was unable to watch the 2016 Olympics cause he was going to school and trying to work on his career and then he met her in 2020. Most people only care about gymnastics during the Olympics so if you missed those olympics its completely possible that he wouldn't realize who she was.

bubba scotch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not reading all these pages but He’s corny AF. He really went out of his way to downplay his wife. I don’t believe for a second, that he never heard of Simone Biles? The most decorated gymnast in the world? Please. He talking like he’s 100 years old talking about they never had NBC :unimpressed: I don’t even have cable and know who she is. Meanwhile, we didn’t know who HE was until she married him. But if she like it, I love it.
You calling her a liar too?

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
If anything breh-ettes need to take a page out of Simone's book and Bianca from wwe. To go after what and whom they want. As real talk.

Most blackwoman who want their guy went out and snatched him up.
Bianca and now Simone and both are on cloud nine happiness. Breh-ettes get some game.
Pursue what and whom you want.

Art Barr

The programming is to real..Just being approachable and pleasant to be around is already too much to comprehend...Not to mention they only want to pull the gender role card when its convenient :pachaha:

Last edited:

number21

Strive for rulership not equality, black man.
Daps
Reppin
North Miami
He might actually be the most hated man in sports right now. This thing went viral on every social media platform lol.

He needs better media training because "men are the prize" should never be uttered by any man of his stature in any setting.
Limp wristed simp. :scust:

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
He SHOULD think highly of himself.

He’s a fine ass pro athlete. The dude was prolly running through women like it was nothing (might still be :sas2: but that isn’t a concern at the moment).

Of course he’s a damn catch:mjlol:!

The point is there’s simply a way to word things when you are speaking about your partner in public. THAT’S ALL.

This is all I’m saying. You don’t have to speak so freely in the public square.

Anyway, I’m sure this young Black couple will be having an awesome Xmas and I hope all of y’all do as well. I actually picked up the last bit of my Xmas presents today so I can get shyt wrapped tonight and cook tomorrow.

Merry, Merry Christmas, Coli.
You compared it to Matthew and Tina Knowles though

What you're saying NOW is different, and i understand it. But that's different Han what you were saying and what everybody was else saying

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
You compared it to Matthew and Tina Knowles though

What you're saying NOW is different, and i understand it. But that's different Han what you were saying and what everybody was else saying
My bad. I also said that I might’ve been “woman-splaining”.

When WOMEN hear what he said, to us it’s like what YALL felt like when Ms. Tina was talking about her then husband.

You say it isn’t the same thing, but notice how each incident has the opposite gender upset. We interpret/view things differently.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
You say it isn’t the same thing, but notice how each incident has the opposite gender upset. We interpret/view things differently.

Are these the sane women though? :heh:

I just watched the video for the first time, isn't he joking? "I was fightin it, I was fightin it" seemed like he was trying to be funny.

"I always say men are the catch" with his girl right there seems like he's trying to be annoying in a funny way, I just don't see the malicious intent in that video.