Simone Biles and husband give interview about their first moments. Husband says he didn't know who Simone was....Black twitter ERUPTS!

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If anything breh-ettes need to take a page out of Simone's book and Bianca from wwe. To go after what and whom they want. As real talk.

Most blackwoman who want their guy went out and snatched him up.
Bianca and now Simone and both are on cloud nine happiness. Breh-ettes get some game.
Pursue what and whom you want.

Art Barr

Last edited:

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
In addition... a lot of people just really hate the idea of a man receiving or being pursued in a relationship

They really feel that the man should be lucky to be in a relationship with anyone, and that men do not deserve anything by default
Ain’t nobody saying all that.

A panel of men said “ay man, I know we some ‘red dimes’ but how did you bag her?”

“Actually nah, how did she bag me?”

Tf?

A decent response is- “ay, thanks she’s pretty great, right? Yea well you know I guess I’m pretty great too 😉

Nothing about how he didn’t know who she is and he was too busy with his career to know about gymnastics.

THAT’S IT. THAT’S ALL.

They are a hot, young black couple— I’m happy with that. I’m not tripping. I’m explaining WHY ppl are bothered.

His answer was distasteful.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
If anything breh-ettes need to take a page put of Simone's book and Bianca from wwe. To go after what and whom they want. As real talk.

Bianca and now Simone and both are on cloud nine happiness. Breh-ettes get some game.

Art Barr
This is definitely a good point !

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
If anything breh-ettes need to take a page out of Simone's book and Bianca from wwe. To go after what and whom they want. As real talk.

Art Barr
Some women love misery

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
People overreacting like hell about what he said…

Only thing I will say is that it’s corny for either party in a marriage to publicly proclaim themselves as “the prize” in front of others over the partner . Woman or man. Rthe men of our grandparents age weren’t so attention seeking and public about they private relationships. my wife would never do that to me and I wouldn’t do that to her either. We only big each other up in front of others. No type of statement to indicate who is inferior to the other or who was more lucky to find the other person unless we talking about each other . Especially in a room full of men it look like some diva shyt.
/thread

My dude, thank you.

Maybe I was “woman-splaining” but this is literally it. Ol boy sounded like a diva. The shyt was weird. It isn’t that deep, but your observation is spot on.

The whole thing started with ol boy saying “I know we some red dimes but”….

Y’all light skinned dudes be talking to each other like this behind closed doors?! :skip: :wtf:

bubba scotch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

A panel of men said “ay man, I know we some ‘red dimes’ but how did you bag her?”

Tf?

A decent response is- “ay, thanks she’s pretty great, right? Yea well you know I guess I’m pretty great too 😉

Nothing about how he didn’t know who she is and he was too busy with his career to know about gymnastics.

THAT’S IT. THAT’S ALL.

They are a hot, young black couple— I’m happy with that. I’m not tripping. I’m explaining WHY ppl are bothered.

The way y'all twisting this is crazy. It's not distasteful to say your significant other pursued you. It just bothers you that a woman pursued a man and not the other way around

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God

Tf?

THAT’S IT. THAT’S ALL.

His answer wasn't smart but it wasn't distasteful. Just not smart. It was clear he was speaking like it's just me and you

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
/thread

My dude, thank you.

Maybe I was “woman-splaining” but this is literally it. Ol boy sounded like a diva. The shyt was weird. It isn’t that deep, but your observation is spot on.

The whole thing started with ol boy saying “I know we some red dimes but”….

Y’all light skinned dudes be talking to each other like this behind closed doors?! :skip: :wtf:
I agree with homie. I too believe men are the prize. That said, I will never say I am the prize over my wife. I wouldn't even use that in my vocabulary and especially not in public. I remember one time my wife said some shyt that wasn't exactly flattering about me. While she said this plenty with us, saying it in public hit different.

It messed up a potential business relationship. She didn't think when she said it. Sometimes, you just gotta know your audience.

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
He might actually be the most hated man in sports right now. This thing went viral on every social media platform lol.

He needs better media training because "men are the prize" should never be uttered by any man of his stature in any setting.

Its mindsets like this is why men are not on our mark as years past.

As a man, you must have unbridled confidence in who you are and your capacilities.

The fact that society as a problem with a black man representing such self assuredness is crazy.

We are living in the last days, everything needs to be burnt down to the foundation.

Young black couple joking and shooting the shyt with each other gets this level of scrutiny.

Idk, I def believe there are dark forces attempting to create chaos between black man and black woman

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps

Tf?

THAT’S IT. THAT’S ALL.

You're combining it all into one sentence and making it worse than it was.

When he asked about being a catch he just said "i think men are the catch" (both men and women say they're the prize all the time). It was a casual comment he dropped in AFTER BEING ASKED ABOUT IT out of the blue. He's just talking himself up.

And I doubt you'd find it a problem if she talked herself up after being asked about it. You dporbbaly be like "go gurl 💅". And guess what? That'd be fine.

The biggest point though is that again, he was praising her throughout the interview.

Again, just start at 34:59 in the video below

Hear the way he'd praising her personality, her advice, and how those things left an impression on him

I truly feel this shyt is being overblown because he's a black man that things highly of himself. And I'm not even being paranoid, plenty of the comments are putting him down and criticizing him for even thinking highly of himself.

Last edited:

bubba scotch

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree with homie. I too believe men are the prize. That said, I will never say I am the prize over my wife. I wouldn't even use that in my vocabulary and especially not in public. I remember one time my wife said some shyt that wasn't exactly flattering about me. While she said this plenty with us, saying it in public hit different.

It messed up a potential business relationship. She didn't think when she said it. Sometimes, you just gotta know your audience.
He's around a bunch of young millionaires who think they the shyt. In his circle, the men get chased. He did miss an opportunity to say she was also a catch :sas2:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
From what I read they been together like 4 years too

So people thinking he just gonna up and bounce? They look as happy as ever

Whole time he was talking, she was hitting the :manny: like yeah… she did all that shyt to get him and it’s hurting these old broads feelings
The crazy part is, that's how women are supposed to act. When you get a woman that really fukks with you, she looks like simone. She can't stop cheesing and all she wanna do is be under you all day like a puppy.

Next thing you know you're in the shower praying she don't come in because you want 5 minutes of alone time :to:

He's around a bunch of young millionaires who think they the shyt. In his circle, the men get chased. He did miss an opportunity to say she was also a catch :sas2:
Is she the catch though :patrice:

Considering men don't give 2 fukks about a woman's money or career (especially millionaires) what makes her the catch :jbhmm:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

If you are the prize, why wouldn't you say it? It's shocking to me to hear men be afraid to be honest because of the woman they're with.

Especially when you ask women to describe their ideal man, they're gonna always describe someone that's her superior in every conceivable metric.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
The crazy part is, that's how women are supposed to act. When you get a woman that really fukks with you, she looks like simone. She can't stop cheesing and all she wanna do is be under you all day like a puppy.

Next thing you know you're in the shower praying she don't come in because you want 5 minutes of alone time :to:

Is she the catch though :patrice:

Considering men don't give 2 fukks about a woman's money or career (especially millionaires) what makes her the catch :jbhmm:
I'm not even gonna go there. She's still a great catch.

And it's not true that men don't care about a woman's money.