Simone Biles and husband give interview about their first moments. Husband says he didn't know who Simone was....Black twitter ERUPTS!

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
The man is supposed to be the catch. Her career and achievements are separate from her love life. People try to tie them together. She’s not competing with him, she sees him for him not his money or his status. These bird brain people can’t grasp this concept.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
@Gloxina

That's dishonest.

Jonathon never insulted Simone so how are you comparing the two?

Watch the full interview for crying out, loud dude was praising her a lot and admiring her. Did you watch the full interview or at least a good chunk of it?

It was the interviewer Ryan Clark who was instigating stuff ("so I guess YOU'RE the catch" and "seems like you didn't pursue Simone Biles"). Jonathon was the one who was actually pushing back on it.

When he said "men are the catch", that was an general statement he made in response to Ryan Clark's question so that he wouldn't seem too arrogant

Man you can take about BW feeling under appreciated but this video isn't one of them. He literally did not insult her.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Better he do that than pressure her with a GUN on the nightstand like you would do:yeshrug:
j06di40.png

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
@Gloxina

That's dishonest.

Jonathon never insulted Simone so how are you comparing the two?

Watch the full interview for crying out, loud dude was praising her a lot and admiring her. Did you watch the full interview or at least a good chunk of it?

It was the interviewer Ryan Clark who was instigating stuff ("so I guess YOU'RE the catch" and "seems like you didn't pursue Simone Biles"). Jonathon was the one who was actually pushing back on it.

When he said "men are the catch", that was an general statement he made in response to Ryan Clark's question so that he wouldn't seem too arrogant

Man you can take about BW feeling under appreciated but this video isn't one of them. He literally did not insult her.
You know nikkas ain't doing all that :heh:

All we need is the headline and we'll make up the rest as we go along :birdman:

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Absolutely nowhere. Saying you are unaware of a celebrity or or didn't know about athletic accomplishments for someone who pops up every 4 years at the Olympics is not some crazy thing. She's not LeBron James. The funny thing is that it's super easy to imagine a woman having no knowledge of a famous football player. Does the average famous woman know who Joe Burrow is? Josh Allen? Probably not. Biles is a more accomplished athlete than both but in a sport that isn't nearly as popular as the NFL.

I maintain that beyond just pure black man hatred, a main driver behind this is Twitter black women being so obsessed with validation via vicarious obsessions with celebrity relationships that they're pissed they don't get a Taylor Swift/Travis Kelce fantasy. That's what they want more than anything, but they want it with a famous white man dating a famous black woman.
In addition... a lot of people just really hate the idea of a man receiving or being pursued in a relationship

They really feel that the man should be lucky to be in a relationship with anyone, and that men do not deserve anything by default