Silo (Post Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Mystery)(Prod by Graham Yost) (Apple TV+)

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Tim Robbins' character continues to be a standup guy. :ehh:
Looks like a set up for a classic heel turn :mjlit:

But writing on this episode was frustrating. Juliette always has tons of questions, wants a whole investigation about a fukking Pez meanwhile Regina is telling her that there's a man coming to see her every night and George left her some crazy shyt. Juliette proceeds to asks half a question and is like 'alright I'm gonna head out' .

Lonely ass Regina basically has to stop her in order for Juliette to ask for the magazine and then she leaves without asking about the man again:beli:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Looks like a set up for a classic heel turn :mjlit:

ya I don’t trust him one bit…so far it’s either him or the judge that stands to gain the most from the death of the mayor and the old deputy…and the judge looks like she’s getting sick herself (maybe she got the syndrome too)…so maybe it’s the acting mayor who’s been killing everyone behind the scenes and he’s working with sims

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Aight… I’m in for good.

Show is getting much more interesting past couple episodes. I’m entertained… might renew that Apple+ membership again

my free subscription lasts til the end of september but I’ve been impressed so far—tetris movie (A+), severance (A), for all mankind (B+), and silo have been good so far

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
my free subscription lasts til the end of september but I’ve been impressed so far—tetris movie (A+), severance (A), for all mankind (B+), and silo have been good so far
Yeah i was a big fan of See. I felt like it was low budgety in the end but I was entertained enough.

Haven’t seen any of what you listed just yet, but I think Apple has made strides. Their stuff just seems more mature I guess, which I like sometimes. See was like they’re only action show…

M. Knight Shamalama-ding-dongs show pissed me off though :beli:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah i was a big fan of See. I felt like it was low budgety in the end but I was entertained enough.

Haven’t seen any of what you listed just yet, but I think Apple has made strides. Their stuff just seems more mature I guess, which I like sometimes. See was like they’re only action show…

M. Knight Shamalama-ding-dongs show pissed me off though :beli:

I might give that a watch…haven’t seen too many folks here talking about it or maybe I missed the thread

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I might give that a watch…haven’t seen too many folks here talking about it or maybe I missed the thread
There was a thread but it was about as dry as this one.

Not sure if many people fukked with it but I was entertained

One thing I noticed about Apple is they include a lot of black folk and mixed couples in the shows ive liked. Shows showing a more human aspect in their post apocalyptic shyt i guess

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There was a thread but it was about as dry as this one.

Not sure if many people fukked with it but I was entertained
:yeshrug: With so many good shows out there, I'm glad this thread is getting the shine it is.

Whatever happens in this thread, Silo is doing well irl.
Sci-fi thriller Silo debuted as the #1 drama in the history of Apple TV+, per Nielsen premiere weekend data, and its viewership has grown by double digits since.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
:yeshrug: With so many good shows out there, I'm glad this thread is getting the shine it is.

Whatever happens in this thread, Silo is doing well irl.

Yeah i guess after the 1st episode and the next 3 with Apple doing the 4 episode first bs, I was skeptical.

But it’s legit, ill try to be here every week :ehh:

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how did they not develop even a rudimentary elevator system in over 100 years.

it was mentioned in the show - I can't remember which episode - but it was def mentioned that any elevator system is prohibited by the pact

i think it was in the same scene where they said magnification is also prohibited after/beyond a certain level

Last edited:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
it was mentioned in the show - I can't remember which episode - but it was def mentioned that any elevator system is prohibited by the pact

i think it was in the same scene where they said magnification is also prohibited after/beyond a certain level
I think it has to deal with the same kinda shyt the one poster above was wondering how you don't know more ppl with only 10k ppl. The Silo seems intentially setup to keep people separated and apart. It's not just 10k ppl living in an underground base, they're being managed and watched. Sanctioned gfs, jobs, babies. A rulebook that treated like scripture. Ppl in the system that clearly exist and operate outside it to ensure control over the ones inside it is maintained. A perfect totalitarian state.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think it has to deal with the same kinda shyt the one poster above was wondering how you don't know more ppl with only 10k ppl. The Silo seems intentially setup to keep people separated and apart. It's not just 10k ppl living in an underground base, they're being managed and watched. Sanctioned gfs, jobs, babies. A rulebook that treated like scripture. Ppl in the system that clearly exist and operate outside it to ensure control over the ones inside it is maintained. A perfect totalitarian state.

I made no comments on why it is the way it is - simply informed the poster that the pact prohibits the use of any elevator system - as it does limit technological advancements (magnifying tools etc) and this was brought up in the show.

As you mentioned, the people in the silo follow the pact closer than people follow religious scripture in our world, due to believing it protects them from annihilation, rebellion or being sent out to "clean". The inference being that the "pact" is/was indeed created to modify and condition behavior - but I expect most people know this - I mean, even the type of people allowed to have kids is controlled based on personality type/how docile and subservient they are, and we've known this since like the first two episodes

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
140 years? with no outside contact?

Where are they getting paper to write things on? Are they even using medicine? Did mechanical have blow torches? What kind of hard drives still spin up after 140 years?

There are so many things that are implausible that I had to let that go.

The big mysteries are more important than issues with the world building.

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
140 years? with no outside contact?

Where are they getting paper to write things on? Are they even using medicine? Did mechanical have blow torches? What kind of hard drives still spin up after 140 years?

There are so many things that are implausible that I had to let that go.

The big mysteries are more important than issues with the world building.
Likely the 140 years is lie, just like almost anything that is taught in the Silo is a lie.