Silo (Post Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Mystery)(Prod by Graham Yost) (Apple TV+)

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Based on a trilogy of books. The first 2 eps are out now. I loved them. New eps on Fridays (or thurs nights iykyk)

96% critics/94% audience on RT. 73 metacritic

Casting looks legit.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
1) I think it's safe to say that Common Sense has shaken off all that Electric Circus now.
2) What an ending!

Mazino

All Star
Daps
This series is flames

The way it's been building has been very good and the latest episode was the best of the season, damn cliffhangers get you every time :martin:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Starting from ep 5/Janitor's Boy, this show went from ok to great.

I was ready to give up on it after the first 4 eps when it was evident the og sheriff and his wife weren't coming back -they were by far the most interesting characters up until that point, but I'm glad i gave it one more chance after ignoring it for a couple weeks. Binged eps 5-7 and i'm fully invested now.

Feels like Common improved his acting substantially; of course playing the menacing role helps but it ain't like he's just mean muggin and giving one-liners. This nygga giving inspirational soliloquies before throwin cacs off buildings.

Common, the acting major, and the new deputy sheriff are killing their roles. The lead chick is doing a great job as well and they're finally back full speed ahead with the overarching plot, and the escalating tensions.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Show has been great throughout. There's a lot of television being made right now, but seldom with this level of world building, intrigue, pace and production values. Film-Room brehs tend to be super picky, but this has been a good show throughout.

I think it was around episode 3 the show pivoted from that grand post-apocalyptic mystery arc to a more procedural approach to murder and conspiracy (whilst still pulling at the post-apocalyptic mystery strings) and to be honest, it was a smart decision. Currently - I'm more interested in Common's character and the hierarchy of power in the Silo than I am on "what's out there?" What are they going to tell you that you've not heard before? Possible cataclysmic disaster/nuclear armageddon that led to building these bunker like Silos to escape it/preserve humanity? Might throw a new spin and they not even on earth and they're some sort of terraforming expedition elsewhere? I'm being cynical, but ultimately, I don't expect much out of the 'what's out there?/how did we get here?" questions

If you've watched enough TV, you'll know a lot of shows start with intriguing premises to then just give you dumb and unsatisfying answers - sometimes they just crank up the "why's?" and the "who's?" - to keep you watching - without ever even answering them at all

I don't know how they're going to handle that beyond the first season - if they go beyond one season - but I'm just happy I have a decent show I can look forward to weekly

Apple pales in volume when compared to Netflix but they seem to have a much tighter quality control:hubie:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What are they going to tell you that you've not heard before? Possible cataclysmic disaster/nuclear armageddon that led to building these bunker like Silos to escape it/preserve humanity?

if anything tho I’m guessing the opposite…there’s been more than enough clues to make that prediction…I’m guessing this is going to perhaps be a sci-fi version of “the village”…don’t know if you’ve seen that movie or are interested in seeing it so I won’t completely spoil it

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if anything tho I’m guessing the opposite…there’s been more than enough clues to make that prediction…I’m guessing this is going to perhaps be a sci-fi version of “the village”…don’t know if you’ve seen that movie or are interested in seeing it so I won’t completely spoil it

Nah never watched that. Will probably do at some point now that you've mentioned, but looking at Silo - a self sustainable silo deep in the core/underground has to happen some time in the future (relative to our timeline) - the people that go out to clean see lush trees and fauna - what appears to be areas reclaimed by nature - so I just assume that either a cataclysmic event/nuclear armageddon happened - and now the planet is healing/has healed. Maybe why the atmosphere might be toxic still - or they're terraforming some other planet, but we'll see

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah never watched that. Will probably do at some point now that you've mentioned, but looking at Silo - a self sustainable silo deep in the core/underground has to happen some time in the future (relative to our timeline) - the people that go out to clean see lush trees and fauna - what appears to be areas reclaimed by nature - so I just assume that either a cataclysmic event/nuclear armageddon happened - and now the planet is healing/has healed. Maybe why the atmosphere might be toxic still - or they're terraforming some other planet, but we'll see

I’m guessing and this is a wild guess but I’m thinking maybe the silo is like a “trial run” in preparation for such a future in their world/timeline bcuz the main question I still have is why the intent to completely hide any information about the outside as well as controlling the image of making it look desolate and barren when we know it’s lush and green…I never thought of the possibility it could be a completely different planet tho other than earth…that’d be an interesting twist

if you decide to watch “the village”, keep in mind it’s an m. knight shyamalan flick which tend to get a lot of flack

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m more confident now that the acting mayor may be the real threat in alliance with common’s character
He already told Juliet, you may think the generators make the Silo work, but without IT, all that power means nothing.

No way the guy that runs IT knows nothing about all the cameras in everybody's place.

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island
Honestly show was a great watch. My prediction is that aren't on earth. I thought common/Sims would be the enforcer not the biggest villian himself. I'm just wondering if they got cameras everywhere, why are they ever playing behind like in this episode.