*sigh* Naked Gun getting the reboot (Liam Neeson eyed for role, Family Guy creator producing)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Frank Drebin:rip: the GAWD backflipping in his grave:picard::damn::
he gon rise...

200.gif

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
The only fukkery comedy I haven’t seen from dude entirely. Gotta cop the blu one day.
you even seen 2001 a space travesty?

that might be the worst of the spoof films he been in...or I might just be :umad: cause 2001 is one of my fave movies and they did a poor job spoofing it in general

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This is a bad idea because The Naked Gun is far too connected to Leslie Nielsen that no matter what Liam Neeson does, it's going to disappoint.

It's just about impossible to remake something when you have an iconic actor attached to the original.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
It's just about impossible to remake something when you have an iconic actor attached to the original.
yeah, even if the new actor does good.

Jackie Earl was the only goodish thing about the Nightmare remake, but he still ain't shyt to Robert Englund

I can't really think of any remade property where the new actor did as well/justice to the original actor

maybe Friday, but that's a little iffy since the only real known guy is Hodder. The dude in the remake was decent enough as human jason

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yeah, even if the new actor does good.

Jackie Earl was the only goodish thing about the Nightmare remake, but he still ain't shyt to Robert Englund

I can't really think of any remade property where the new actor did as well/justice to the original actor

maybe Friday, but that's a little iffy since the only real known guy is Hodder. The dude in the remake was decent enough as human jason
It works when you have an understanding that over time different actors will take on a role.
Like with James Bond or Batman.

I don't think it works if you decide to make another Scarface with a different Tony Montana (though Scarface itself was a remake, I don't view the original 1930s one as iconic in terms of its lead character). Or if you did another Mr. Bean, for example.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
you even seen 2001 a space travesty?

that might be the worst of the spoof films he been in...or I might just be :umad: cause 2001 is one of my fave movies and they did a poor job spoofing it in general
Yea, I’ve seen it. Don’t remember it standing out, but it seemed ok. The PI one he was in was about the same.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Eh, It'll be fine. These reboots are never classics. Just a fun little trip down memory lane designed to get younger audiences to experience the classics.