*sigh* Naked Gun getting the reboot (Liam Neeson eyed for role, Family Guy creator producing)

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
9dVQKT.gif

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Leslie was a GOAT. Now we gonna replace him with a guy that wants to beat nikkas with his cosh ???

Last edited:

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
Did they bring in Liam Neeson cause his name is close to Leslie Nielson? :wtf: Liam doesn't have a funny bone in his body.

I watched Naked Gun a couple of weeks ago and it STILL hold up comically. shyt's hilarious. A lot of jokes I didn't get when I was younger I understand now. It's even better.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Did they bring in Liam Neeson cause his name is close to Leslie Nielson? :wtf: Liam doesn't have a funny bone in his body.

I watched Naked Gun a couple of weeks ago and it STILL hold up comically. shyt's hilarious. A lot of jokes I didn't get when I was younger I understand now. It's even better.
Those movies will never go out of date. Timeless fukkery.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I’m interested

Liam Nelson seems like a dude that has a low-key humor… like you wouldn’t expect him to be funny because he looks so serious and is always in serious roles.

If he’s funny, it will work

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I’m interested

Liam Nelson seems like a dude that has a low-key humor… like you wouldn’t expect him to be funny because he looks so serious and is always in serious roles.

If he’s funny, it will work
You are describing how Leslie Nielson was before Airplane. A real actor doing this works versus someone like Kevin Hart—tbf he has grown into a decent actor—or Chris Rock—terrible actor.

Damn, the people here talking about comedic chops completely missing the point of these movies.
Exactly

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
:jbhmm: who gets the role of Nordberg :mjgrin:
The ORIGINAL "Police Squad!" Nordberg looked like this

You are describing how Leslie Nielson was before Airplane. A real actor doing this works versus someone like Kevin Hart—tbf he has grown into a decent actor—or Chris Rock—terrible actor.

Exactly

I don't think any of the "Airplane!" actors were considered to be comic actors at the time. They were cast *because* they were serious:
Peter Graves thought the script for what would eventually emerge as Airplane!: ”Don’t Call Me Shirley!” Edition was the most tasteless he’d ever read. Lloyd Bridges hopelessly searched for his character’s motivation. At least Robert Stack understood the madness behind Jim Abrahams and David and Jerry Zucker’s genre-pioneering spoof of 1970s airport films, explaining to Bridges, ”Lloyd, we are the joke.”