*sigh* Naked Gun getting the reboot (Liam Neeson eyed for role, Family Guy creator producing)

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
i can see it:ehh:

liam-neeson_240-1-cf31213dfd9642fdac5ad6bcc54000a0.jpg

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I can see this working only if they lean into Liam's action roles, and not like Leslie's stuff. Basically how Nielson did it, was that he played it 'Straight' like he was a real detective in a slapstick world as Nielson himself was a dramatic actor before Airplane!; which revived his career.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i doubt Neeson is playing Frank Drebin. if they have a Nordberg they'll probably have his son or something.

either way, at least this is coming from Seth McFarlane and the Lonely Island guys. they have good track records.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Also...If anyone hasn't seen "Police Squad!", I would recommend checking it out.
I didn't see it until after I saw Naked Gun....but when you watch Police Squad! you realize how many jokes they just simply reused from the original TV series...and some of them were done better.

Can't explain why, but the "locksmith" line was my favorite bit:

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
Also...If anyone hasn't seen "Police Squad!", I would recommend checking it out.
I didn't see it until after I saw Naked Gun....but when you watch Police Squad! you realize how many jokes they just simply reused from the original TV series...and some of them were done better.

Can't explain why, but the "locksmith" line was my favorite bit:

The funniest 6 episodes of TV that exist. They said it failed because people actually have to watch the TV to catch some of the jokes, a lot of comedy TV back then you could follow just by listening if you were doing something else. It makes sense that it was more popular as a movie.

The Liam Neeson thing could work. It needs to be the same humor, but not the same jokes, and sending up the last decade plus of action/crime movies and TV, especially Neeson's run of trash flicks.

As far as Norberg, maybe another sports star, serious actor or someone out of leftfield. To me it seems like a bad idea to put an actual comedian anywhere near this. It was all regular character actors in the original film. Mahershala Ali?