Sicario (Official Thread)

clouddd

had cyphers with yeezy before his mouth wired
Daps
Is the comparison that it's traffic meets zero dark thirty valid
other than the content matter i don't see very much traffic in it, very different films

some definite ZDT vibes at times (they're pretty obvious), but there was actually quite a bit that reminded me of no country for old men visually and tonally

edit: obviously deak is the common denominator here, but i mean as much in the m-e-s as i do in its cinematography

GoFlipAPack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm speaking vaguely for those who didn't see it. For those who did, you'll get it. A-. This could have easily been a movie of the year candidate with better writing in certain areas. For one, this Emily chick can act but her character sucks. I'm no feminist defender (it's too many superwomen in modern films, imo) at all but as a woman she was weak. Not very smart, skinny and can't defend herself. A thot. An ultimately not about that life. Now, the opposite, they did have a strong Black character (but knowing this board he ain't nothing but koon to yall) Other then that, acting all around is on point. The camera work is dope.

Now, this movie is very graphic at parts. It deserves the R rating. The first hour had me on the edge of my seat because I didn't know what to expect. This ain't a non stop action flick. But when it's done, it was done well. And meaningful. It's some great up gangsta scenes.

The true star of the film is WOW. Like one of my favorite villians in a minute. And it's debatable where that person is villian. But to me they are. At one killing that the person did, I haven't felt that shocked since a certain person died on Breaking Bad in the desert. I was "Yeah, right. Like that's going to real happen in an American film. And when it did, I was like :merchant: Even at the end, I didn't know whether the villian was going to "carry out" on his final victim.

I've seen alot comparisons to different movies. But it reminds me a lot of "Training Day". In a sense, that I didn't know what was going on. And then when the true intentions are revealed it was crazy. This movie had like a 20 minute lull. Where the dialogue was just eh. That's why I give it A-. Along with Emily badly written character.

Now for those who saw I got a question about my man who was standing up over the man in the chair scene. With his mid section in that niguh face

Rape. Is that what they were indicating. Did he make him suck his...? Or raped that niguh? I couldn't figure out what it was trying to indicate.
Nah I don't think so breh. He used that big ass jug of water to Waterboard him

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Rape. Is that what they were indicating. Did he make him suck his...? Or raped that niguh? I couldn't figure out what it was trying to indicate.

The jar of water and the focus on the drain seemed to heavily imply waterboarding. I think the getting up all close was just pure intimidation, you know how uneasy it feels just to have someone enter your "personal space", now imagine that tenfold because you're powerless in a chair and dude is a stone cold killer.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I loved it! Pacing sometimes teeters on too slow but it's a steady build of tension that never really goes away so it avoids becoming tedious to watch. I believed this story; dialogue was great and realistic. Really liked Del Toro's anti-hero and amoral character, and how grey the entire movie is about the drug war. I also dug Emily's character- strong and smart by not flawless or unrealistically trained and deadly. The last half hour was just perfect cinema, IMO.

Two thumbs up.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
I'm speaking vaguely for those who didn't see it. For those who did, you'll get it. A-. This could have easily been a movie of the year candidate with better writing in certain areas. For one, this Emily chick can act but her character sucks. I'm no feminist defender (it's too many superwomen in modern films, imo) at all but as a woman she was weak. Not very smart, skinny and can't defend herself. A thot. An ultimately not about that life.

Hmm, totally disagree about Emily's character. She went home with a guy that her partner introduced her to, a white cowboy. His motives were well hidden and if a male agent had taken a white female home in the same situation no one would bat an eye. Also it was heavily implied she hadn't been with a guy in years, but now she's a thot?! GTFO

Also, not sure if you missed it, she's trained in narcotics not warfare. She even said she wasn't a soldier. Comparing a rookie DEA agent with trained killers is extremely unfair. Her entire purpose there was to be civilian, so duh.

And I agree about the implied rape. I absolutely think that's what was going on. Why would the camera pan away and focus on the drain and the prisoner's groans?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Hmm, totally disagree about Emily's character. She went home with a guy that her partner introduced her to, a white cowboy. His motives were well hidden and if a male agent had taken a white female home in the same situation no one would bat an eye. Also it was heavily implied she hadn't been with a guy in years, but now she's a thot?! GTFO

Also, not sure if you missed it, she's trained in narcotics not warfare. She even said she wasn't a soldier. Comparing a rookie DEA agent with trained killers is extremely unfair. Her entire purpose there was to be civilian, so duh.

And I agree about the implied rape. I absolutely think that's what was going on. Why would the camera pan away and focus on the drain and the prisoner's groans?
Double standards for men and women. We dont call men thots for sleeping around on a first time meeting someone. But ok on the rest.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
:russell: Another retarded simpleton ass movie

Gotta placate the feminine males and the actual females and a redundant story line

Now if a plot twist indicates the CIA or DEA propping up one of these Cartel Bosses, now we got something

Other than that, get this retarded retread shyt out of here:camby:

No feminists will be champion this movie her ass Emily ass was used and abused

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I like the beat or the score too

When shyt got thick it was like a hard thump thump thunp