Sicario (Official Thread)

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps
I caught this film today. A solid film. Very suspenseful. Great acting. Thought it was way better than Black Mass. Def. worth checking out. Got me at the edge of my seat throughout the movie.

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps
It's out here in NY just seen it....
Intense is the best word to describe it
It has slow parts but the tense scenes are masterful.

It's def a great movie and one of the best I've seen this year. The movie is like a hybrid of Traffic and Zero Dark Thirty. I thought the score was awesome it made some scenes that much more intense. The scenes at the traffic freeway and the tunnel had me :whoo::lupe:

clouddd

had cyphers with yeezy before his mouth wired
Daps
this was cool

maybe a little weak narratively, but something that probably warrants a second theatrical viewing

has one of the best shots of the year, too

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Dope film...

Great acting...

Tried to be simplistically complicated and nailed it perfectly...

Whole theater watched the last 10 minutes like :lupe:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I love Villeneuve as a director mostly for his ability to take some on paper not all that shyt and turn it into interesting cinema. Like Prisoners pretty much has your average thriller plot, but the Villeneuve's execution lifts up the material incredibly. The same thing pretty much happens here, without Villeneuve on board I doubt this would even be a quarter of the movie we got. I mean, those little side scenes with the Mexican cop feel like pure Villeneuve, and without them the movie would barely have any dramatic leverage, although I think the most interesting but dangerous decision was the main character switch-up.

The title makes it obvious but Benicio Del Toro turns out to be the true main character of the movie, while we are entering his story through the proxy character played by Blunt. Because of this her character is kinda bland and uninteresting, which doesn't always work well because as the placeholder protagonist we spend an awful lot of time with her. I get the point was that she got in completely over her head and was ruthlessly used, but they could've at least beefed up her character with some personality.

Del Toro was fukking godly in this though. I'm sure that scene near the ending (both scenes even) will be discussed heavily but rather for the reasons people will talk about them (I never had any doubt that Villeneuve would go there) it should be because of Del Toro's acting. When he actually bothers to invest in a role, he's top 5.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I love Villeneuve as a director mostly for his ability to take some on paper not all that shyt and turn it into interesting cinema. Like Prisoners pretty much has your average thriller plot, but the Villeneuve's execution lifts up the material incredibly. The same thing pretty much happens here, without Villeneuve on board I doubt this would even be a quarter of the movie we got. I mean, those little side scenes with the Mexican cop feel like pure Villeneuve, and without them the movie would barely have any dramatic leverage, although I think the most interesting but dangerous decision was the main character switch-up.

I agree with you for once. Script wise this was kind of weak and there was some kinda dumb dialogue. But his direction is just so great that the movie has stuck with me for the past week.

Villanueve has the juice now. Has me really excited for Blade Runner 2 or whatever they're going to call it

I also loved seeing Jon Bernthal in this for some reason. Just like I did in me earl and the dying girl. I think he should show up in everything

And that score has been stuck in my head too :wow: I can be taking a piss at work and hear it in my head

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm speaking vaguely for those who didn't see it. For those who did, you'll get it. A-. This could have easily been a movie of the year candidate with better writing in certain areas. For one, this Emily chick can act but her character sucks. I'm no feminist defender (it's too many superwomen in modern films, imo) at all but as a woman she was weak. Not very smart, skinny and can't defend herself. A thot. An ultimately not about that life. Now, the opposite, they did have a strong Black character (but knowing this board he ain't nothing but koon to yall) Other then that, acting all around is on point. The camera work is dope.

Now, this movie is very graphic at parts. It deserves the R rating. The first hour had me on the edge of my seat because I didn't know what to expect. This ain't a non stop action flick. But when it's done, it was done well. And meaningful. It's some great up gangsta scenes.

The true star of the film is WOW. Like one of my favorite villians in a minute. And it's debatable where that person is villian. But to me they are. At one killing that the person did, I haven't felt that shocked since a certain person died on Breaking Bad in the desert. I was "Yeah, right. Like that's going to real happen in an American film. And when it did, I was like :merchant: Even at the end, I didn't know whether the villian was going to "carry out" on their final victim.

I've seen alot comparisons to different movies. But it reminds me a lot of "Training Day". In a sense, that I didn't know what was going on. And then when the true intentions are revealed it was crazy. This movie had like a 20 minute lull. Where the dialogue was just eh. That's why I give it A-. Along with Emily badly written character.

Now for those who saw I got a question about my man who was standing up over the man in the chair scene. With his mid section in that niguh face

Rape. Is that what they were indicating. Did he make him suck his...? Or raped that niguh? I couldn't figure out what it was trying to indicate.

Last edited: