Del GOAToro :blessed:

this looks crazy

its out but given no promotional push at all over here in the UK :francis:

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw it. 9/10. On the verge of being the best movie of year. Denis Villenueve is quickly becoming one of the best directors in the game. The cinematography was incredible. Benicio was a fukking beast. Benicio is taking home the supporting Oscar for this role. Josh Brolin did the damn thing too. The only critique is I wish, they delved a little more into the cartel world. The ending was perfect.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
i'm rooting for you to make it breh...no matter the distance :wow:

Thanks breh. Im scared ima drive across town on my lunch hour to get my ticket. Hope it wont be too late. Don't wanna ask my girk she's in bridezilla mode :merchant:

Saw it. 9/10. On the verge of being the best movie of year. Denis Villenueve is quickly becoming one of the best directors in the game. The cinematography was incredible. Benicio was a fukking beast. Benicio is taking home the supporting Oscar for this role. Josh Brolin did the damn thing too. The only critique is I wish, they delved a little more into the cartel world. The ending was perfect.

Deakins :banderas:

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina

anigif_enhanced-22160-1426273879-6.gif

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I'm gonna need time to digest this one brehs. I know i hyped the fukk out of it but it was a lot different than i expected. Like other breh said it didnt focus on the cartel as much as i thought it would.

It was definitely well made though. Some absolutely beautiful shots in this one. there's a part that goes straight videogame/zero dark thirty. and it's pretty dope. Some of the overhead helicopter shots were :wow: The score was great. though the first time they used it was such a random and unsuspenseful time it was off putting.

Narratively is where i'm a bit torn. Just didn't find the plot all that compelling. Got really dark in the last few min and might make you feel some type of way . I actually want to see it again to take it all in. Liked it didnt love it but i think this one might be a grower.

I'd say B- right now but ill sleep on it

Edit: after sleeping on it and thinking about it all day I got to give it a solid 4 mics. It's just so well directed and shot. It's a little unconventional with the structure and that you don't know what's going on for like the first hour like the main character but it's just too well made to be ignored

Last edited: