Sicario (Official Thread)

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Just watched this on DVD last weekend. This movie was great. I only watched one preview and this movie delivered.
It has action and drama. Shooting scenes and fight choreography were great.
The one part that was a bit off was that Emily Blunt's character was not on the same page as everyone else on that one mission through the tunnel. Because in real life, you can't go into a high risk situation with someone who is not on the same page. But, I guess that added to the whole "she ain't on the same page" role, so in retrospect, she played the role of "I ain't on the same page" to a T.
Benecio Del Toro was great. The writing was great.
Really gritty.

Side note, it was so gritty, it kind of made you not want to live anywhere near El Paso, TX. :lolbron:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
I'm biased so I'll pick star wars as my favorite of 2015 but this is definitely my favorite if I don't include the Wars. I wish Benicio won the Oscar fukk just a nomination.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
The opening :whoo:

The dinner :mjcry:

8.5/10 for me cause i felt it dragged a bit in the middle

The movie was good but it definitely needed a few more action scenes
yep

edit:

. I didn't like the very heavy handed and obvious, and also unlikely way they showed the horrors of Juarez in a quick ride through, conveniently witnessing the aftermath of a public hanging, and idling by missing posters of women....alluding to the femicides of Juarez. Felt a little cheap and easy for the subject matter. Made Juarez seem like a haunted house ride. Same with the look at Juarez in the aftermath. Looked like a video game.

i commented on the same thing when i watched it today. as the camera panned up when the audience is first introduced to the entire city and they had the ominous music playing in the background and i laughed because it made it seem like it was this spooky castle in a 1920s film

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Oso

Ces1ne?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Saw it. 9/10. On the verge of being the best movie of year. Denis Villenueve is quickly becoming one of the best directors in the game. The cinematography was incredible. Benicio was a fukking beast. Benicio is taking home the supporting Oscar for this role. Josh Brolin did the damn thing too. The only critique is I wish, they delved a little more into the cartel world. The ending was perfect.

:salute:
Just watched it......that sums it up perfectly. Dap/rep

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched this on DVD last weekend. This movie was great. I only watched one preview and this movie delivered.
It has action and drama. Shooting scenes and fight choreography were great.
The one part that was a bit off was that Emily Blunt's character was not on the same page as everyone else on that one mission through the tunnel. Because in real life, you can't go into a high risk situation with someone who is not on the same page. But, I guess that added to the whole "she ain't on the same page" role, so in retrospect, she played the role of "I ain't on the same page" to a T.
Benecio Del Toro was great. The writing was great.
Really gritty.

Side note, it was so gritty, it kind of made you not want to live anywhere near El Paso, TX. :lolbron:
I hated Emily blunt , either leave or be on the same page , I get she was suppose to be somewhat naive but your boss said the higher ups in the government are okaying this shyt. So idk why she kept up with all the back talk and shyt . She was given ample opportunities to go home and she wouldn't but didn't want to ride Wouk the team .

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I hated Emily blunt , either leave or be on the same page , I get she was suppose to be somewhat naive but your boss said the higher ups in the government are okaying this shyt. So idk why she kept up with all the back talk and shyt . She was given ample opportunities to go home and she wouldn't but didn't want to ride Wouk the team .
In reality, they wouldn't insert a person like into a high-risk tactical operation. That would be the equivalent of bringing along a news team or pizza delivery guy.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The dinner scene was TAME...It shows dude killing the "bad guy" but not the kids and women...Lame...

The movie wasn't intense and dark as advertised...

I enjoyed it, but I thought the lead female was a lame, and I still can't figure why she was chosen to be our eyes and ears...

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just watched this last night. I thought it was a good flick. A couple scenes with blunt I had the :beli: face on though.

Always been a huge fan of Benicio's. He was dope.
Blunt pissed me off . She would of got sent home with the quickness
In reality, they wouldn't insert a person like into a high-risk tactical operation. That would be the equivalent of bringing along a news team or pizza delivery guy.
Yeah . I just thought she was gonna learn by the end of the movies but nope never learned . Well hopefully learned to retire like tommy Lee jones in no country for old men after seeing what chigurth was about.