Sicario (Official Thread)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
For the record, I liked the movie. Thought the script was weak though.

Also, it just seemed really shallow. The whole Juarez trip was.... I don't know, it just felt like it was nothing more than one shock attempt after another instead of some fleshed out new world across the border. The cop thing too was done poorly top to bottom.

But I still liked it a lot. Best line in the movie was from the boss at the dinner table. "Where do you think we learned it from?" was A+ shyt.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just saw it last night - great movie. The chick was a horrible/irritating character and her partner was just a waste of dialogue.

The shots were well done and the pace was really good except one part that was useless to the plot imo.

Del Toro stole the show and deserves all the accolades. God I wish this was a true detective series. shyt would have been so :banderas:
you can steal the show when your characters role is the title of the movie? :leon:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
For the record, I liked the movie. Thought the script was weak though.

Also, it just seemed really shallow. The whole Juarez trip was.... I don't know, it just felt like it was nothing more than one shock attempt after another instead of some fleshed out new world across the border. The cop thing too was done poorly top to bottom.

But I still liked it a lot. Best line in the movie was from the boss at the dinner table. "Where do you think we learned it from?" was A+ shyt.
what was the Juarez trip again is that the trip where the suvs are all lined up like a convoy and they have guns, drawing a blank. And what was the cop thing? Was that the side plot with everyone's favorite Jew at the moment?

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Just saw it last night - great movie. The chick was a horrible/irritating character and her partner was just a waste of dialogue.
kept waiting for some revelation that he was crooked or something but nothing, not much of an actor, shaky diction and a horrible on screen presence. I hope I never see him again

IslandG

All Star
Daps
Alejandro had that Eli/John Wick aim :banderas:.

Remember they said that there were 6 other men patrolling the house outside of the three he dropped in half a second. Dude must have off-screened most of them.

I thought the
other 6 people in the house were the family having dinner. I think there were 5 seated at the table. I figured the missing person was a maid or chef or something

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Saw it last night and it was absolutely fire.
The cinematography, score, camera angles, writing, and acting were all top notch. I liked that there wasnt that much dialogue in this movie too and the actors made faces to show how they were feeling.

BEst part of this movie is that there were absolutely no wasted scenes. Every single scene was important, and its rare you see that in a movie. It was not always action packed but it just felt like you were watching something that was critical. This is the best movie I have seen this year. I loved it.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Saw Sicario last night............. that first scene :whew:. I was expecting a bit more action however the storyline kept me interested. They never really explained how Emily's partner got in on the assignment that she volunteered for, considering they just wanted her, I was glad to see him come along through the movie.

I think the implication was that at that point Kate was too much of a investment in the op. She saw them operate outside of their jurisdiction in Juarez AND the already knew that the plan was to go after Diaz and they absolutely needed her for that.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Loved the movie.

Its really speculative fiction. The central premise is "what if the United States started using the same tactics used in the Cold War and the Global War on Terror on the Mexican Cartels?"

I watched Narcos so Ive really been looking to and fascinated by tactics that the CIA has employed in combating whoever was the enemy of the day. While dramatized, its really crazy that this isnt that far fetched compared to alot of the fukked up shyt the CIA has done.

ATLien

DSGB
Daps
Reppin
S.W.A.T.S
Sicario-poster-700x1079.jpg

Cast:

Trailer #2:

Trailer #1:

KRIT!!!!!:damn::damn::damn::damn::damn::damn: