Should Females That Falsely Claim Rape Be Punished?

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
no. some rape victims take back their claims after getting backlash. you'd then be sending actual rape victims to jail for backing down when others harass them because a guy they like did something horrible & they refuse to believe it. at least 90% of rape claims are legit. those 10% are a mixture of false & women who backed down due to fear.

Exactly, women tell the truth 90% of time..

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Tough call. You don't want to discourage women from coming forth, but at the same time you don't want to encourage women that want to smear a man's name or are vindictive and want him locked up.

I disagree with the notion that this occurs so rarely that it's a joke. I think it happens enough to be a serious topic of discussion. Jameis Winston and Kobe Bryant are two more examples of false accusations. I've heard a couple stories involving people I knew of that were similar to the poster that mentioned his situation. Does it happen as much as actual rape? Of course, not. Does it happen enough to be discussed as a moral and judicial question? I believe so.

Meli

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
Yes, they should be punished, but false accusations of rape happen so rarely, and rape is successfully prosecuted so rarely that this conversation is a complete joke.
This conversation isn't a joke. If you can't take it serious why even involve yourself in the thread.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This conversation isn't a joke. If you can't take it serious why even involve yourself in the thread.
I do what I want. The fact of the matter is that people falsely prosecuted for rape are incredible rare, and that 90+% of real rapists are never apprehended. Where are the discussions about that? Especially considering that black women have the second highest rate of sexual abuse in this country. Instead a rare occurrence is what you all want to discuss. In the Salon of all places. It's transparent as hell.

Meli

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
I do what I want. The fact of the matter is that people falsely prosecuted for rape are incredible rare, and that 90+% of real rapists are never apprehended. Where are the discussions about that? Especially considering that black women have the second highest rate of sexual abuse in this country. Instead a rare occurrence is what you all want to discuss. In the Salon of all places. It's transparent as hell.
If you want a discussion you should start it, you been on this forum since 2014 why didn't you take the opportunity. Since you brought up why bring it here when the only relevant refute is no punishment. Also if you really care about the abuse of black woman you should start some organization or program and promote it to help black women who are being abused. Isn't non-abuse for black women what you want to do? Do you really care about black women or are you mad about something? There is nothing wrong with it being in the Salon because it relates to women and no it's not demonizing women, there are women who have done such act. It's in the salon because the poster decided to put it here.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
If you want a discussion you should start it, you been on this forum since 2014 why didn't you take the opportunity. Since you brought up why bring it here when the only relevant refute is no punishment. Also if you really care about the abuse of black woman you should start some organization or program and promote it to help black women who are being abused. Isn't non-abuse for black women what you want to do? Do you really care about black women or are you mad about something? There is nothing wrong with it being in the Salon because it relates to women and no it's not demonizing women, there are women who have done such act. It's in the salon because the poster decided to put it here.
I've started many threads about violence against black women on this site, so you can :camby: False accusations of rape leading to conviction are very rare even though you all wish it to be the norm. This topic does not relate to women.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
But what happens when a man gets away with rape?Women have been accused of lying and lost their cases...
The amount of men who get away with rape so far outweighs those who are falsely accused and successfully prosecuted that the amount of time males spend discussing it is nothing short of gross. You'd think a significant portion of rape accusations were false, and that a large portion of rapists are going to jail.

Meli

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
I've started many threads about violence against black women on this site, so you can :camby: False accusations of rape leading to conviction are very rare even though you all wish it to be the norm. This topic does not relate to women.
nobody wish it would be the norm and even if you did a thread, have you done anything solve the problem instead of complaining because that isn't a factor in solving a problem. Also it does relate to women, women who actually are raped. Also, since false accusation are rare and they shouldn't be important why is that the sexual abuse of black women is important to you if it's the second highest not the first. Just because something is a rarity doesn't mean it's not important.
Rare or common,it needs to be handled. if you don't want to handle it move on.