Should Females That Falsely Claim Rape Be Punished?

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. Freedom of speech

Freedom of speech shouldn't really apply because false rape charges are a perfect example of defamation of character.

On one hand, punishing these reprehensible women harshly is gonna make them less likely to admit when they lied aka more men have to deal with those charges for much longer and possibly be punished.

On the other hand, false rape is pretty much a scumbag move and I'd barely register an accuser as human.

I just think that the accused's name shouldn't be released to the media until after a verdict had been reached.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
False accusation of rape should be punished as severely as rape itself.

Nah, you can't do that because rape is actually really hard to prove in court and you don't wanna open up the chances of possible rape victims getting thrown into jail because a lawyer was able to raise reasonable doubt (For whatever reason) or to not report actual rapes for fear that they can get thrown in jail for reporting it.

Keep the name of the accused and accuser out of the press, give liars who willingly come clean a much less harsher punishment (Gotta give them a reason to come clean if the lie is told), and severely punish those who are caught lying extremely harshly.

whknorth

WHK North Jesus
Daps
Reppin
WHK North
they should be beheaded in public for all to see.
imagesCA3Q8IBG.jpg

VFib

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Me, myself and I
Wouldn't that be considered filing a false police report, and therefore punishable by jail time and/or a fine in most states anyway?