Should Fast and Furious retire now that Paul is no longer with us?

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
i'm talking about have dom drive a muscle car from a space shuttle to earth, have him eject from it, drink a corona while parachuting down, to land in a car with michelle waiting on him kinda shyt lol....
nikkas got me cracking up on the day Jesus came back wearing the 4-5:dead:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If Vin decides to leave, the franchise will be okay.

The shyt is big enough that they'll be able to attract a big enough name that'll keep people's excitement. Wouldn't need to be an A list type.

World'sFinest

Purebred Zulu
Daps
Reppin
South Africa
yes they would have cause he's the center of this series....it's not brian/paul....they didnt bring brian back nor were people asking for his cameo in 3; it was dom people asked for....and what do you mean dom's transition to being the main person?...he always was the main person....even when he wasnt in the movie, he's the person people wanted....if you dont think so: just look at tyrese's character....in 2 he was dom light...he was the muscle and serious, just not as serious/with all the 'deep' meaning sayings like dom....now look at his character: he's the comedy relief....he's nothing like the character that first showed up....why? cause dom is back...

i get it: brian died and you just seen the movie, so you looking at it/him in a different light, but dont get it twisted: he's not the glue that keeps this series together....that's vin/dom....

as for the shaws: i think they gonna be the villians for the next 2....the younger brother breaks the older brother out, then they set off on revenge.....

And if Brian hadn't come back you don't think Dom would've played opposite a Brian lite?

Nah breh, I've been on that "Brian is the main character" vibe since the first flick.

I'll ask this again, do you think if Vin Diesel instead of Paul Walker had tragically died that people would be nearly as passionate about them halting the franchise altogether?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
And if Brian hadn't come back you don't think Dom would've played opposite a Brian lite?

Nah breh, I've been on that "Brian is the main character" vibe since the first flick.

I'll ask this again, do you think if Vin Diesel instead of Paul Walker had tragically died that people would be nearly as passionate about them halting the franchise altogether?
Yes. Vin Diesel is the main driving force behind the franchise. Theres a reason vin gets top billing and is the only cast member that was allowed to be a producer.

All the characters and story revolve around vin diesels character.

He is the franchise.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
The main reason it did is because of Paul. It's almost a given in my opinion that the next one won't touch F7 numbers at all.

The series went up in opening weekend ever since 5. This movie was gonna do numbers regardless. Obviously paul's death helped. But this was always gonna be the biggest opening of the series anyway just going off history.

There is no reason at all to stop this series.

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The series went up in opening weekend ever since 5. This movie was gonna do numbers regardless. Obviously paul's death helped. But this was always gonna be the biggest opening of the series anyway just going off history.

There is no reason at all to stop this series.
This is my entire point. What are you arguing with me about?

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
i disagree, but it's cool...we can visit this when the next 2 movies come out...
:dahell: you just wanna see Paul die on film or something Breh? Its not hard to think about him retiring. the threat is gone & he has 2 kids. Its not hard to imagine that he wanted to settle down and raise his family.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

that's cool you feel that way about paul/brian, i disagree....

to answer your question: yes, i do think people would feel as, if not more, passionate about stopping the franchise if it was vin that passed...in fact, i think they would stop the franchise because like i and others have said: the series revolves around vin/dom....you disagree, it's cool...

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: you just wanna see Paul die on film or something Breh? Its not hard to think about him retiring. the threat is gone & he has 2 kids. Its not hard to imagine that he wanted to settle down and raise his family.

who said anything about seeing him die on film?...they can kill his character off without showing it...they can have dom on the phone with mia, she can talk about how brian and the kids are out back playing, have the shaws call dom and say something like 'say goodbye to your sister', dom clicks back over to hear an explosion, done....

the reason i say they should kill his character is cause that makes more sense why he isnt there fighting by dom's side, then the whole 'he wants to be a family man now'....he already had a kid and wife, but he still was right there beside dom getting into shyt the last couple movies....yall act like now that he's got 2 kids, he's gonna be like 'you know dom, before when i only had 1 kid and a wife, i was still able to go get into shyt, but now that i got 2 kids, i just cant do it no more'...lol come on...he's dom's right hand man and is always there....and he will always be there unless that character is dead....

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Wigger surfer :mjlol:

Diesel wack too. Throw Idris in it and give him a new story... Box office :mindblown:

This franchise saved Vin's career. He was box office death before he got back behind that wheel.
That's a fukking stupid idea. Idris is an actual good actor. He is more brains than brawn , plus he would have to really get in shape like these guys. He is meant for greater things than this series and that's not discount these films.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
No way they sit on it after making that much money. Only way it ends is if all the stars hold out.

Made Myself A Boss

#Trolltruck
Daps
Reppin
dMv/ JA
The movie was hot but the numbers were inflated because of the Paul Walker tribute.

I personally love the franchise and when you think about it, it's minority controlled. Paul was the only white character on there..

But Paul was the glue of the entire franchise and I don't think that anyone could replace his role without it being super corny. The fact that his brothers were able to film his remains scenes was big, otherwise if the character was written out like it was nothing people would have been upset and criticized the brand for making a shameless attempt to capitalize off of his passing

I don't think that they should continue with the franchise, maybe in like 15 years or so with an entirely new cast but this story has been completed in the best way possible way.

PS, Iggy's role in the movie :trash::pacspit::snoop:...

I thought that was only her "rapper voice " Why they had that girl up there talking like that ?

Last edited: