Should a person making food at McDonalds be able to afford rent and groceries with their paycheck?

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
They trying to make a honest living.. why the fukk not?

Funny thing is alot of Nikkas love to talk call people out and talk that right Wing and MAGA shyt but steady using their view points on their outlook of Economics and people whom they feel they better than now because they got a lucky break

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
No
You probably still do as you post on here all day you fruit
how would that be possible? working at mcdonalds and posting? yall dont even think before you try to insult me :mjlol:

meanwhile im working at home on the phone with my brother playing deathloop :ahh:

The life of a manager :ahh:

Last edited:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It would be easy to make housing affordable to anyone, but people are often too nimbyish when its solutions are actually presented.
Not saying a mcdonalds worker should afford a house, but we should at least have an option for lower income people to live somewhere affordable.
Like in new york we always talk about those tiny apartments that cost 3k a month. In other places apartments that size would be 400 dollars a month max, but they don't build tiny apartments like that in low cost of living areas.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
This is one of those topics that's a part of a larger issue.

You can't have a NATIONWIDE minimum wage when COST OF LIVING varies state to state, town to town, city to city.

15 dollars to flip burgers in New York is entirely different than flipping burgers in Oklahoma.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Every possible job there is should pay enough to live by yourself for 40 hrs of work?

So once you turn 15 and can get a work permit, your very first job will be paying enough for you to start paying rent and buying your own food..

Seems to me there should be jobs for people who want or need to work, but they are the very least skilled jobs that basically anyone off the street can do. Cause some people have no skills - like teenagers getting their first job.

Entry level should lead to better paying opportunities.. once you develop skills that separate you from "literally anyone off the street can do this after 5 min of instruction".

Cause isn't that the real key to a decent job? Doing something necessary that most people cannot do (without somewhat extensive training/experience).

Like. All barbers would be starving to death if everybody was like me. I cut my own hair. Always have since I was like 14...

But everybody can't cut their own hair. So it's somebody's job to cut hair.

The idealists among us are not wrong per se. If a person works 40hrs a week they SHOULD be able to afford to live by themselves..

But the realities of this crazy world get in the way of the ideal. For one, would anyone take time to do the more difficult jobs if you could live just fine off the very easiest low skilled jobs?

This is some of the reason people strive for greater. The fact that the very bottom level is not too comfortable.

But I think pure economics prevents paying the McDonalds worker the same as their district manager. As said before, your pay is directly related to the percent of humans that can do your job.

If basically 100% of people with zero experience can do what you do, it's not as valuable as the job only 25% of workers could do. And the top jobs, only maybe 1% of workers can do.

Daps
Reppin
St louis
The fact that this is even a question shows
just how much of a damn lie america is.
Let the workers say fukk working
at mcdonalds and watch these privaleged
cock suckers cry like babies over people
not wanting to work so that they
get their mcmuffins and coffee in the morning.
:beli:

UKVu0t8.gif

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
That's just a bold faced lie. I know teens who spent all last summer applying for jobs like crazy and didn't get a single interview. Only one (my friend's foster son) got a callback/interview which lasted all of five minutes once they realized he was a high schooler. And he's a smart, hardworking honor roll student who was very eager to start doing any kind of work.

Job sites like Indeed now show you how many other people applied for a single position and depending on the area it can be in the hundreds (if not THOUSANDS) meanwhile the listing stays up for weeks and after a month lo and behold they're still running with a skeleton crew with "NOW HIRING!" signs plastered all over the place. That nobody wants to work! shyt is a capitalist lie and that's doubly true for teenagers who tend to have hobbies and interests that cost more than what if any allowance they get.

Video games, sneakers, clothes, makeup, etc are all things teenagers are interested in and they don't come cheap but I'm meant to believe kids today are just sooo lazy that they'd rather sit at home with lots of free time and zero money??

Teenagers aren't too lazy to work, these companies just aren't actually hiring like that and/or don't want to hire minors because they can't work them like slaves due to child labor laws.
its called FAST act, google it. I just realized it didnt pass so far but it probably will in November.

Still, fast food stores here all hire $18-20/hour on the windows already and cant fill positions. Dont give a shyt that you know teens :sitdown:

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
I use to believe those type of jobs was for teens and early career people, but we have a lot functional people with mental illness in this country that these jobs are what they are comfortable doing. Or just people who lives are setup were 15$ is enough to maintain. People find a way to survive even with no money coming in. When the last time you heard some starved to death in the US?

I moved to DC making 40k a month. I had to have a roommate for years just to make it. Started getting my money up and I was able to afford to have my own place. Today in DC I dont' think you can have a car note and own crib without 80k.

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I use to believe those type of jobs was for teens and early career people, but we have a lot functional people with mental illness in this country that these jobs are what they are comfortable doing. Or just people who lives are setup were 15$ is enough to maintain. People find a way to survive even with no money coming in. When the last time you heard some starved to death in the US?

I moved to DC making 40k a month. I had to have a roommate for years just to make it. Started getting my money up and I was able to afford to have my own place. Today in DC I dont' think you can have a car note and own crib without 80k.
:leon:

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The reality is there are always going to be poor people. If you raise their wages you can expect the products and services they use, to raise in price correspondingly. Additionally, businesses are going to make a profit at a certain percentage no matter what, so they are going to increase product prices to cover their increased labor costs. If you keep raising wages of the poorest workers, you are going to be caught in an inflation cycle. The only thing you are going to accomplish is adding the middle class to the poor.

To increase your wages you need to have a skill that is needed by society. You can't expect to live a easy life with little to no desireable skills. For example, people don't want to be an A/C repairman, a plumber, an electritian. because its not sexy. All of those careers are in demand and will get you 100k in income. You can eventually start your own business. Once the price of labor exceeds the cost of automation, you are going to see those jobs go away. Its pretty simple. People have this idea that they deserve something because they exist.

Now should we help the poor? Absolutly. I am all for housing assitance and food assistance and helping people get back on their feet. However, it shouldnt' be a lifestyle. We need everyone to contribute something to society.
Man shut the hell up.

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Every possible job there is should pay enough to live by yourself for 40 hrs of work?

So once you turn 15 and can get a work permit, your very first job will be paying enough for you to start paying rent and buying your own food..

Seems to me there should be jobs for people who want or need to work, but they are the very least skilled jobs that basically anyone off the street can do. Cause some people have no skills - like teenagers getting their first job.

Entry level should lead to better paying opportunities.. once you develop skills that separate you from "literally anyone off the street can do this after 5 min of instruction".

Cause isn't that the real key to a decent job? Doing something necessary that most people cannot do (without somewhat extensive training/experience).

Like. All barbers would be starving to death if everybody was like me. I cut my own hair. Always have since I was like 14...

But everybody can't cut their own hair. So it's somebody's job to cut hair.

The idealists among us are not wrong per se. If a person works 40hrs a week they SHOULD be able to afford to live by themselves..

But the realities of this crazy world get in the way of the ideal. For one, would anyone take time to do the more difficult jobs if you could live just fine off the very easiest low skilled jobs?

This is some of the reason people strive for greater. The fact that the very bottom level is not too comfortable.

But I think pure economics prevents paying the McDonalds worker the same as their district manager. As said before, your pay is directly related to the percent of humans that can do your job.

If basically 100% of people with zero experience can do what you do, it's not as valuable as the job only 25% of workers could do. And the top jobs, only maybe 1% of workers can do.
Man shut the hell up it’s like y’all are blind or can’t comprehend.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Americans don't like each other.

Anything to stunt and belittle the next person.

God forbid if actual fast food and restaurant workers SAW this thread. They will be doing EVERYTHING in terms of fukking with your food. :huhldup: Never go in a tirade against people that fix your food of have access to your finances.