Should a person making food at McDonalds be able to afford rent and groceries with their paycheck?

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Man shut the hell up it’s like y’all are blind or can’t comprehend.

Comprehend math?

Comprehend economics?

Granite is very useful, but very plentiful compared to gold. Therefore gold, being harder to find is more valuable.

You're thinking of a totally fair world that wants to care for every human. But this is not that world.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Min wage should be at least $15 across the board.
The fact it's the same amount that I got as a teen in some states is insane
People who counter the increase always talk about prices increases as if prices haven't been increasing regardless :dead:
I remember when you could get a big and tasty MEAL for like $3.99. jr bacon cheeseburgers use to be $1. Cmon, these fast food places taxing regardless at least make them pay ppl the bare minimal

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Damn that’s wild I was just reading all of the cacs commenting on the automated McDonald’s video talking about “This is what all yew bums that wanted 15 dollars an hour get”.
I’m sorry, but years ago, those of us that understood programming/robotics kept saying everything would be fully automated while those that can’t grasp that concept of basic programming swore up and down it was impossible.

With that said, I’ve lived in 6 states, 8 cities, and have traveled a whole hell of a lot…the majority of my orders are wrong; no matter where I’m at in the country. 90% of fast food workers are incompetent and cannot even read a simple order screen properly so why do people expect to earn a living from it? You can’t ask for $15/hr but literally can’t do the lowest of tiers of tasks at a job

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Yes.

America is the only country where people actively fight against their own rights. Quite frankly most Americans are underpaid at their jobs relative to the value of the dollar today. McDonalds could pay their employees an average of 20 dollars an hour and still rake in insane profits.

Last edited:

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
People decide their own value at the end of the day. Of course folks who dont have to work in fast food are not gonna advocate for people who do. Society is generally selfish, and no one who dont have to work at mcdonalds wants to pay more for their big mac.

However if people stop taking those jobs, and there is no one to serve their big mac, and they cant get their big mac now, the juelzing will begin.

This happened during the pandemic lowkey and i notice wages seemed to go up a little :jbhmm:

Supply and demand. The market is saturated with potential workers, the employer has the leverage.

But let them have to come down from their glass tower to get their hands dirty to move the product, and suddenly those same "worthless" unskills suddenly go up in value. Very interesting insight into our great system.

Last edited:

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
And yes. Obviously anyone working any job should be able to cover the basic necessities at bare minimum. They might try to gaslight u into believing u have no "skills". Ok, then if the function u serve is so unimportant, then i guess the business can still survive and thrive without it then? :ehh:

Just be grateful they havent replaced yall with machines. :ufdup:

U know they only suppressing the machine out the kindness of their hearts right? :heh: Its not like it isnt sustainable yet, and they certainly wont put the call
in the second its a viable option. :pachaha:

Nah, they are nice billionaires who truly care about the working class:salute:

JNew

Superstar
Daps
If they are full time yes. A car might be a problem tho.

Money will be tight for sure, you ain’t gonna have ultimated iPhone, Netflix, cable or designer clothes.

Dwayne_Taylor

Superstar
Daps
Anybody working a full time job should be able to be able live off of their wages. The people arguing against that are fukking idiots and do not understand that employers low balling employees in any sector puts downwards pressure on wages in every sector.
This.
Raising minimum wage will help to increase salaries in every industry.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Ultimately in a free market society, the true answer to this questions is one we should ask ourselves.
Would you ever eat at mcdonalds if they were charging sit down restaurant prices for their food, because if you increase the pay the food prices will inevitably increase as well. Mcd's value is in its value, you not willing to drop $20 on a bigmac then you essentially agree that fastfood workers don't deserve a living wage.