Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
:lupe:
Do i need to watch more episodes. I was going going by him being ready to kill himself instead of drown in episode 2
Yes, watch more.

Just as a general piece of advice: DON'T enter a thread until you've watched all the episodes that have been released (up to that point).

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
Mariko's a G. Whole episode was giving me Bodie Broadus "the game is rigged" feels. She was just a pawn on the board.

I don't get why Ochiba was in her feelings so much this episode.

And the old chick who died was the previous leader's wife? She was talking like Ochiba was her daughter.

And the way they emphasised "your son" in the subtitles was weird when Ochiba and Mariko were talking.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
I don't get why Ochiba was in her feelings so much this episode.

And the old chick who died was the previous leader's wife? She was talking like Ochiba was her daughter.
Mariko was the only person who knew her from her previous life as Ruri. She knows Toranaga is using her to rip her plan apart.

Ochiba could stop all this the same way Toranaga let his boy die to keep his plan going.

I think the ruler’s wife brought her in to give the Taiko a child. Treated her like a daughter.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Mariko was the only person who knew her from her previous life as Ruri. She knows Toranaga is using her to rip her plan apart.

Ochiba could stop all this the same way Toranaga let his boy die to keep his plan going.

I think the ruler’s wife brought her in to give the Taiko a child. Treated her like a daughter.
Yeah Ochiba probably knows and understands Mariko better than anyone but Ochiba gonna do what she thinks is best for her son. Toranaga will win if only because he's willing to sacrifice most of the board for the title.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Anjin was confused the whole episode
DylanHuh.png
man's got no subtitles.

And he still go to slam ass in the end :skip:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Only on episode 2, but I like this guy, lol. He's a little conniving, but he aint scared of death.

I'm a little annoyed that they got white people all up in the series as always, but it fits. I wish they just had them speak Portuguese instead of speaking English and acting like they're speaking Portuguese.
Some posters earlier in the thread also asked for Portuguese but that's asking for too much. It doesn't make sense not just from target audience/marketing point of view but you're also expecting actors to speak and act in Japanese, English and Portuguese. Cosmo Kramer is struggling grunting in English :hubie:

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
If yall like this, I recommend watching Three Kingdoms after the series finale. Great series, Shogun reminds me a lot of it with all the political intrigue and stuff.
It's basically Shogun but based on Chinese history and how China was unified. Has great characters, writing, and battles.
Entire series is available on youtube.
Click here or the video below to be taken to the playlist with all the episodes.