Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Dream scenario would be Shogun production team getting the rights to Musashi and continuing the timeline with his story, which starts at the end Battle of Sekigahara. James Clavell's second book jumps 200 years ahead to Hong Kong and the third book was straight garbage, I gave up 100 pages into it.

Shogun itself barely happened with pre-production starting in 2018, so getting a Musashi series will probably never happen.

Tai-Pan was fine, it just leans heavily into white supremacy ideas if you're not paying attention to what's really happening. Gai-Jin is what's really awful. Shogun, King Rat and Noble House are all exceptional.

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Tai-Pan was fine, it just leans heavily into white supremacy ideas if you're not paying attention to what's really happening. Gai-Jin is what's really awful. Shogun, King Rat and Noble House are all exceptional.

I read Shogun at a hospital. A doctor walked by and said "Shogun is great! The rest of the series is awful though!" :russ:

Since I never had any other opinions, I took his word for it.:mjlol:

Maybe I'll just read the good ones. Thanks for the rec.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
:mjlol:

ccdlr3bvdttc1.jpeg

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched 1 episode and a half so far

Does it get better cause your boy is not getting the hype at the minute? I can even describe it as somewhat boring.

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Best ep since the first 2.

Could see Toranaga setting up a play from a mile away...the crew gotta have faith :stopitslime:

Payoff for Thomless Hardy with his ship and crew was kinda weak but whatever.

Buntaro need to stop wit the simping...shawty ain't feeling you brehimoto...move on

Mister_DoItNice

Leading The Regime
Daps
Reppin
The Concrete Jungle
Show is dope. Binged it over the weekend. I really don’t give two shyts about the pirate. I laugh every time they call him a barbarian. Interesting juxtaposition considering that’s how him and his men viewed them in the first episode.

The female characters are far more interesting than anything else in my opinion. Lady Ochiba is very intriguing. Her motivations still aren’t clear. I thought for sure Toranaga smashed and maybe didn’t want to keep her. Fuji and Mariko are great characters as well. I’m also watching this while playing through Ghost Of Tsushima for the first time. So great experiences all around.

Did anyone play that new Ronin game yet? Wondering if that’s worth a pickup.

stave

Superstar
Daps
:wow: ep 9 brehs

It didn't go like I expected at all

Now through the coli lens, this episode is fukking hilarious

I expected Mariko to become a single mom and everyone shyt on her (possible plat thread)

Then she fukks anjiin while the kid is there (high probability plat thread)

Then the whole white savior moment they were making it seem like was finna happen

Some content is fire with the coli lens, some stands in both lanes. Shogun is the latter. This shyt had me dying and riveted

I'm still wondering how this show ends bc this episode didn't go anywhere I expected it to. No, I haven't read the books or watched the initial series