Shogun (FX/Hulu) - February 2024 :ohhh:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Nah, no way. They're literally setting up a war with two episodes left.
Shogun showrunners Rachel Kondo and Justin Marks cast doubt on Season 2 happening:

"We took the story to the end of the book and put a period at the end of that sentence. We love how the book ends; it was one of the reasons why we both knew we wanted to do it – and we ended in exactly that place," Marks explained to THR. He also explained that "if we were in a situation like this promoting it, we wouldn't just be in the writers room already, we'd be on set shooting season two by now."

Shogun season 2 isn't happening :hubie:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
After that tea service Buntaro became a r/aznidentity moderator
200711024624706034.png

Daps
Shogun showrunners Rachel Kondo and Justin Marks cast doubt on Season 2 happening:

"We took the story to the end of the book and put a period at the end of that sentence. We love how the book ends; it was one of the reasons why we both knew we wanted to do it – and we ended in exactly that place," Marks explained to THR. He also explained that "if we were in a situation like this promoting it, we wouldn't just be in the writers room already, we'd be on set shooting season two by now."

Damn. Fair enough

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Saw someone posted this on Reddit saying this goes down in every episode and I'm dying :laff:

Mariko: Our Lord has just blessed you with a great honor, Anjin-sama. He is giving you 20 more mansions in Edo and has made you supreme commander of his entire army.

Blackthorne: Tell this conniving dikkspittle that I will stab him in the actual heart if he doesn't give me back my boat.

Mariko: Please, I strongly advise you against continuing this line of conversation.

Toranaga: Stop flirting with the barbarian and tell me what he is saying.

Mariko: ...Anjin-sama is in awe of your generosity, my Lord, but he has politely requested to know the status of his boat.

Blackthorne: jumps up on the table and takes a dump

Toranaga: You ungrateful fool. You absolute motherfukker. Your dishonorable and brutish behavior has forced my hand in the matter. From this day forward, you are sentenced to lay every hooker in Kanto. Here's a million dollars

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Dream scenario would be Shogun production team getting the rights to Musashi and continuing the timeline with his story, which starts at the end Battle of Sekigahara. James Clavell's second book jumps 200 years ahead to Hong Kong and the third book was straight garbage, I gave up 100 pages into it.

Shogun itself barely happened with pre-production starting in 2018, so getting a Musashi series will probably never happen.