Shin Megami Tensei V announced for Nintendo Switch (Atlus JRPG)

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
Been enjoying the fukk outta of the boss fights :wow:

Fighting Surt with the still burning buildings in the background was a nice touch :blessed:

This third area is long as fukk :hubie:

I need to replace Idun with a better healer that can take some hits though :francis:

Been rocking with her for ten lvls now and high key she's the MVP of the damn party :mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Put about 5 hours in.
Game looks like trash as far as resolution. Is this game running at 720p?
Story is meh.
Gameplay is classic JRPG fare and I like it a lot.
Grinding is necessary and they don’t bother holding your hand at all. That was to be expected for me but for new comers it can definitely be a major turn off.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Copped. have a bunch of games im playing RN but will definitely put time in on this in the near future.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
SMT 4 is currently 5 bucks in the 3DS Store so I copped that. Will eventually play Nocturne as well

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
Chernobog was giving me that work :mjcry:

Four press turns :picard:

I need to null or repel physical damage asap :gucci:

Beat his ass though on the third try :blessed:

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
49c201e9a3e5a0db55c30b95cfb2e599f6f8ab38.gif

:dead:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Just beat this on hard mode doing the secret route
For the Humans route
and did everything except beat Demi-fiend (via DLC) on hard.

The story was very solid. The characters just feel less impactful than Nocturne's characters. But that isn't a bad thing per say.

The combat was good as expected. Some of the changes coming from nocturne were greatly appreciated. No random encounters, easy to check skills of Demons that you are fusing. Although I didn't like the level scaling in this game since it made going to new areas initially kind of rough. But nothing unmanageable obviously.

This game at least on hard has the opposite problem that Tales of Arise had. Fighting mobs felt too exhausting at times and very time inefficient. Maybe it was way to entice the player to purchase the DLC? On the other hand, the boss fights were all fun and great. Yes, I died at least twice for every main boss in the game. But that allows you to figure out a better team and strategy in order to beat them. Nuwa is a great starting point for this as she set the standard as your first real boss fight.

Still amazed that the Switch could run this game. Definetly a must-own if you got a Switch.

One giant issue with the route that I did, which I will slightly rant, this will include end game spoilers. Highly recommend saving this route for NG+.

One of the prerequisites to it is to beat Shiva. Who is the base game's superboss. So essentially to get this For Humans Ending you have to beat a Superboss that is tougher than anything in the base game by far. :hhh:

I was able to beat it with a team of level 90. But man was that exhausting. In comparison, the last 3 boss fights including Lucifier were a complete joke tbh following that. After grinding so hard to beating Shiva, I lost the motivation to go after Demi-Fiend next. Maybe I'll tackle him when I do NG+ one of these days.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Also beat it recently and really enjoyed it as my first SMT mainline experience. I played a few hours of 3 and 4, and while I didn't finish them, I'm pretty confident I like 5 the most