Shin Megami Tensei V announced for Nintendo Switch (Atlus JRPG)

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Started playing this and absolutely loving it, I played part 3 years ago on the PS2 but could never get into it. I found it weird and baring in mind it was after I had played persona 3 and 4 so it was vastly different from them and I dropped the game. I went into this knowing it was different from those games and enjoying it a lot more. Would you all say this is better than 3 because after this I am seriously considering picking up 3 again.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Started playing this and absolutely loving it, I played part 3 years ago on the PS2 but could never get into it. I found it weird and baring in mind it was after I had played persona 3 and 4 so it was vastly different from them and I dropped the game. I went into this knowing it was different from those games and enjoying it a lot more. Would you all say this is better than 3 because after this I am seriously considering picking up 3 again.

3 is definitely worth playing through even if there are a couple of extremely difficult battles especially toward the end. 5 gameplay wise is better even if I think 3 had the more interesting story.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Shohei got that work this morning. I had my main at 45 with Macabre and Black Frost throwing Dark at him with Yoshytsune in the cut as my Healer/Buffer :lolbron: he didn't stand a chance. He was destroying my old party in 1-2 turns before. I love that this game forces you to constantly fuse and switch your party up

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Shohei got that work this morning. I had my main at 45 with Macabre and Black Frost throwing Dark at him with Yoshytsune in the cut as my Healer/Buffer :lolbron: he didn't stand a chance. He was destroying my old party in 1-2 turns before. I love that this game forces you to constantly fuse and switch your party up

With essences though you really don’t have to switch like that, unless a fuse grants a significant level up. I love how levels don’t mean shyt at times especially against bosses, if you can’t counter what’s thrown at you then it’s your ass.:ufdup:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Can someone tell me the voice actors name from the first scene..the teacher..i know that voice from a game i just beat:sadcam::mjcry: am getting old cant remember

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
Bought it for a friend of mine for Christmas

She's playing on Hard and got straight up bullied by a slime when trying to negotiate with it :mjlol:

Man took her macca, health then one shotted her :mjlol:

That beginner area brutal on hard :picard:

Tell her it gets slightly easier :mjcry:

Did the Golden Dragon quest only to get washed by the Dragon himself :mjcry:

Hoe ass Dragon was lvl 70 :mjcry:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Story is not holding me at all. I'm still early on I guess but I can't believe how underwhelming things are so far.

I would have beaten this game already, but the thought of turning it on to play and trudge through open space and lacking story

:francis:

Not to mention, the music and actual world building took a huge step back from 4...

Only fun I'm having is fighting boss battles.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Just beat it, the game becomes laughably easy at the end. High pixie the MVP, she fukked shyt up for the entire game.

fukk Tao for joining the squad, having me invest resources into maxing her stats, then leaving before the final battle
:pacspit:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Just booted this up. This game runs like shyt. :picard:

I might have to start emulating these switch games at this point. The switch hardware is just way too bad
Don't bother playing this docked. It's a bit better on handheld because of the lower resolution but yeah :francis:

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
Just beat the second
Lahmu fight, made an entire Wind and Hama build for to get all the tentacles then that second phase not even having a wind weakness had me heated :dead:

I aint never summoning this ugly ass mf though :picard:

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Don't bother playing this docked. It's a bit better on handheld because of the lower resolution but yeah :francis:

So far I only play it docked and have had zero problems guess everyone’s experience is different.