Shin Megami Tensei V announced for Nintendo Switch (Atlus JRPG)

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
That's hours worth of grinding for a boss found 30 minutes into the game.

I was level 8 when I got to that point.
:unimpressed:

Did you do any of the subquests? Did you do any exploring? I ain't grind at all

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I didn't have to grind to beat the first boss and I'm sure I wasn't exactly level 20 yet. All I really had to do was the same old story, abuse weaknesses and buff/debuff, guarding when necessary for the enemies Maga move.

I think yall might have shot yourselves in the foot starting this on Hard. :dead:

SMT has enough bullshyt in it on Normal. Hard just makes it...well, harder than it has to be. :heh:

Overall, it could be a lot worse. You can warp back to save points, pay yo recover, and if you don't have Macca, track down/farm relics to sell.

It's no cakewalk but these games only fukk you if you let them. :yeshrug:

If you scared, just say that then. It's gonna be the same game whenever you start it :mjlol:

I've played Persona but I'm new to SMT, but I think I got this figured out. Save before every boss(Aogami warns you), spy their weakness and then
pick your team accordingly. One of the bosses used mainly electric attacks so I changed MCs affinites to resist electric, got some demons with strong wind
attacks, rakunda'd and homie got ass fukked:lolbron:. Just utilize all the goodies this game throws at you and you're good.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I did all the subquest except the one with the two girl demons and I found 18 mimen.

Level 8
:dead:

Sounds like you were just going through the main plot. Once you get access to the compendium and fusing you are forced to recruit and fuse stronger demons. They are level capped so you're shooting yourself in the foot not leveling up. I was level 14/15 on the first boss.

Another thing which I've mentioned before, use your items. The shards, gems, dampener. They all serve a purpose to exploit weaknesses. This game is Strange Journey 2 and that first game was the hardest SMT I've ever played, no mercy.

Also, they give you a guard option, use it. I'm at level 20 now and Ippon Datara is killing my team with heatwave + critical hits. If I don't exploit his weakness or put in demons that can use counter I'm done against him. The situation changes demon to demon. The whole team needs to be used with a variety of skills, weapons and a full magatsuhi bar.

Last edited:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
This post alone might have convinced me to just hold off on the game for a few years

Y'all been skating by on Persona for too long

I'm one of the few in here that is playing on hard, the game is not that bad. If you come to war without weapons, tactics and backup you will die, rightfully so. The game presents you with everything you need from the start. The item shop has everything except ethers for mp.

Relics respawn so they can be sold. If you are at a new portal, teleport to the first one and grab the relics from there up until the present point. I'm at 20,000 macca now and I'm just going to the Diet building.

The game should have come with a manual that says, "buy weakness shards and dampeners at the shop and always save!"

If you played any other SMT the demons should be familiar in terms of weaknesses, this one just assumes that with everything given to you prior, you'll make use of it.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I really gotta put one of my best demons on ice because 6 slots still isn't enough :beli:

I'm not wasting the essence that has the move I need either since it'll be learned :francis:

Atlus you motherfukkers :pacspit:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
And on top of all that, it's gonna cost 30k macca to summon her again when I finally get the 7th slot? Even with the 10% compendium discount? :gucci:

tenor.gif

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m loving the game and it’s my first SMT:wow:

I don’t see what people are talking about when it comes to difficulty, the game is not really THAT hard granted I’m playing on normal because I kept reading that if this is your first SMT game don’t play on hard. But I was a beast at Persona games so with that knowledge applied here made the experience very comfortable. I usually take demons that excel in a particular elem or two and roll, also I fuse like crazy and usually only roll with high intel demons I don’t really care for strength

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
Got a chance to play this again finally

I'm so used to throwing hands I've been forgetting to talk to some demons :dead:

I think had I not played P3 FES recently this game would be a lot harder for me, but i've been prepared for everything......so far :merchant:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You could literally google each demon name and just win every fight easily once you find their weakness. Same with the other Persona/SMT games.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
3rd area open. 7th skill slot unlocked :banderas:

70k macca :leon:

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
I really gotta put one of my best demons on ice because 6 slots still isn't enough :beli:

I'm not wasting the essence that has the move I need either since it'll be learned :francis:

Atlus you motherfukkers :pacspit:

We talking skill slots here or demon party slots?

• Dap
Reactions: jeh