Shin Megami Tensei V announced for Nintendo Switch (Atlus JRPG)

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Anyone else feel like the sound is trash in this game? Sound effects are barely audible during battles.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Anyone else feel like the sound is trash in this game? Sound effects are barely audible during battles.

I'm still early on and the game is quiet to reflect the alignment. As for the battle music I assume like 4 on the 3DS, the compression required to fit the game on the Switch is the cause. Felt the same way with Xenoblade 2

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps
Ended up restarting the game just play on hard mode again :mjlol:

Was on the way to the Diet building but now I'm doing a subquest for a Dragon in the sky :wow:

Run the fade with four other so called gods and you gonna lent me your aid? Say less :mjgrin:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I'm still early on and the game is quiet to reflect the alignment. As for the battle music I assume like 4 on the 3DS, the compression required to fit the game on the Switch is the cause. Felt the same way with Xenoblade 2
The music is fine, I'm talking about how there's barely any sound fx when you're attacking.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
The music is fine, I'm talking about how there's barely any sound fx when you're attacking.
There's this and I'm legit surprised the game has absolutely no rumble feature. :picard:

This game absolutely needs a "Redux" on a more powerful console.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
There's this and I'm legit surprised the game has absolutely no rumble feature. :picard:

This game absolutely needs a "Redux" on a more powerful console.
Another problem I have is that the game seems far more grind heavy than nocturne was. I never really felt like being under leveled was a problem in nocturne, strategy was more important than overall level.

This game forces you to grind for hours just to beat the first boss, no strategy will keep you from getting one shotted if you didn't grind up to level 20 beforehand. They sell dlc to make grinding faster and I can't help but wonder if they designed it like this to get people to spend money to make it less grindy.

It took me days to beat the first boss because I'd get bored grinding out the same demons, I can't do that shyt for more than 20 minutes before I shut the game off.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Another problem I have is that the game seems far more grind heavy than nocturne was. I never really felt like being under leveled was a problem in nocturne, strategy was more important than overall level.

This game forces you to grind for hours just to beat the first boss, no strategy will keep you from getting one shotted if you didn't grind up to level 20 beforehand. They sell dlc to make grinding faster and I can't help but wonder if they designed it like this to get people to spend money to make it less grindy.

It took me days to beat the first boss because I'd get bored grinding out the same demons, I can't do that shyt for more than 20 minutes before I shut the game off.

This post alone might have convinced me to just hold off on the game for a few years

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps

I didn't have to grind to beat the first boss and I'm sure I wasn't exactly level 20 yet. All I really had to do was the same old story, abuse weaknesses and buff/debuff, guarding when necessary for the enemies Maga move.

I think yall might have shot yourselves in the foot starting this on Hard. :dead:

SMT has enough bullshyt in it on Normal. Hard just makes it...well, harder than it has to be. :heh:

Overall, it could be a lot worse. You can warp back to save points, pay yo recover, and if you don't have Macca, track down/farm relics to sell.

It's no cakewalk but these games only fukk you if you let them. :yeshrug:

This post alone might have convinced me to just hold off on the game for a few years
If you scared, just say that then. It's gonna be the same game whenever you start it :mjlol:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I know they’re both Atlus games but are Persona and SMT made by the same people?
QuaintWetAmericanmarten-size_restricted.gif

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I didn't have to grind to beat the first boss and I'm sure I wasn't exactly level 20 yet. All I really had to do was the same old story, abuse weaknesses and buff/debuff, guarding when necessary for the enemies Maga move.

I think yall might have shot yourselves in the foot starting this on Hard. :dead:

SMT has enough bullshyt in it on Normal. Hard just makes it...well, harder than it has to be. :heh:

Overall, it could be a lot worse. You can warp back to save points, pay yo recover, and if you don't have Macca, track down/farm relics to sell.

It's no cakewalk but these games only fukk you if you let them. :yeshrug:

If you scared, just say that then. It's gonna be the same game whenever you start it :mjlol:
I'm not playing on hard mode and the only debuffs I had access to at the time was lower enemy defense and increase a party members defense.

The first boss would one hit kill every demon I had until I grinded enough to tank the hit. I was over exaggerating when I said level 20, I beat him at 17 but it still took a ridiculous amount of grinding to get to that level.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I'm not playing on hard mode and the only debuffs I had access to at the time was lower enemy defense and increase a party members defense.

The first boss would one hit kill every demon I had until I grinded enough to tank the hit. I was over exaggerating when I said level 20, I beat him at 17 but it still took a ridiculous amount of grinding to get to that level.
I dunno man. Hardest thing for me at that point was dealing with only 4-5 skill slots at the time. Honestly, I have 6 now and it's still a bit annoying. I gotta put one on ice just so I won't have to waste an essence just for 1 move I'll have to pass on when they level up because there's no room.

Not even trying to brag but it's just a matter of exploiting weaknesses for me as long as I'm not severely underlevelled.

Years of playing this poorly balanced series may have finally paid off :dead:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I dunno man. Hardest thing for me at that point was dealing with only 4-5 skill slots at the time. Honestly, I have 6 now and it's still a bit annoying. I gotta put one on ice just so I won't have to waste an essence just for 1 move I'll have to pass on when they level up because there's no room.

Not even trying to brag but it's just a matter of exploiting weaknesses for me as long as I'm not severely underlevelled.

Years of playing this poorly balanced series may have finally paid off :dead:
Maybe I'm just trash, but I just beat nocturne with hardly any issues and now I'm being one shotted by the first boss in this game.

I just looked up the recommended level for the first boss and it's 16, that's a ridiculous amount of grinding for the first area of the game imo.

FatherSimp

Enough white hoes to last me thru ATL
Daps

Lvl 20? For the first boss? :mjlol:

On normal I beat him first shot at lvl 16 :wow:

When I restarted to play on hard I beat him at Lvl 14 :mjgrin:

Use a spyglass it cost 100 but it tells you affinities weakness and what type of moves enemies use plus it works on bosses :mjlit:

Now go ascend the empty throne of God :blessed: