Shiba Inu (SHIB) Discussion Thread

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Thanks for the response. My last question is if I move the Shiba from let’s say coin base to someplace else and sell will I be charged gas fees then. Also when u sell Shiba are u selling Shiba or do u convert it then sell?
I'm half asleep but I'll attempt to answer best I can. If you move from coinbase to somewhere else, you might get charged a fee. Actually you will cuz it's a transaction on the network. Coinbase is an exchange so sales can be made on there, at least not for Shiba tho right now anyways. But yeah moving it from coinbase wallet to elsewhere would likely incur gas fees.

When you sell Shiba, you are converting to another coin, usually Ethv since that's the main one on the network. You can then do whatever with that Eth, hold it, convert to something else, or sell it for cash. Selling for cash leads to capital gains taxes tho.

RareHunter

All Star
Daps
I'm half asleep but I'll attempt to answer best I can. If you move from coinbase to somewhere else, you might get charged a fee. Actually you will cuz it's a transaction on the network. Coinbase is an exchange so sales can be made on there, at least not for Shiba tho right now anyways. But yeah moving it from coinbase wallet to elsewhere would likely incur gas fees.

When you sell Shiba, you are converting to another coin, usually Ethv since that's the main one on the network. You can then do whatever with that Eth, hold it, convert to something else, or sell it for cash. Selling for cash leads to capital gains taxes tho.

Thanks. Great fun for the answer. Is it rue that you must also report exchanging coins from one coin to another to IRS? Someone posted this is a doge thread

https://www.reddit.com/r/tax/comments/9tcnu8/did_i_ruin_my_life_by_trading_crypto/

(this explains it a little better).

Basically even just converting coins leads to this.

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars