Shiba Inu (SHIB) Discussion Thread

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Thanks. Great fun for the answer. Is it rue that you must also report exchanging coins from one coin to another to IRS? Someone posted this is a doge thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/tax/comments/9tcnu8/did_i_ruin_my_life_by_trading_crypto/

(this explains it a little better).

Basically even just converting coins leads to this.

Not sure on that. I'm still fairly new to all that. I just deleted the info that coinbase gave me on my transaction reports. It should be as easy as tracking cash in and taxing cash out but it's gotten more complicated than that especially with our government. It's easier said than done tho. That's why I moved some coins to my ledger wallet so they can't be on exchanges and being reported or anything.

the exchange puts it on your 1099 Misc

I didn't get a single letter, email, anything from metamask or uniswap. And I can't remember every transaction I did or know where to locate it. Not our fault if the crypto world and the government don't know what they're doing. The government gonna keep upsetting people with these confusing and increasing taxes that who knows what may happen. People may get upset and riot.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
Not sure on that. I'm still fairly new to all that. I just deleted the info that coinbase gave me on my transaction reports. It should be as easy as tracking cash in and taxing cash out but it's gotten more complicated than that especially with our government. It's easier said than done tho. That's why I moved some coins to my ledger wallet so they can't be on exchanges and being reported or anything.

I didn't get a single letter, email, anything from metamask or uniswap. And I can't remember every transaction I did or know where to locate it. Not our fault if the crypto world and the government don't know what they're doing. The government gonna keep upsetting people with these confusing and increasing taxes that who knows what may happen. People may get upset and riot.
The rule is that if you convert crypto that you've had a gain on then it's a taxable event
if you buy a coin quickly and then transfer it there are no taxes on it because you didn't gain any money on it
converting is really just selling the crypto you choose and buying the other using the converted money
the reason he was in trouble is that he had an 875k gain so in the eyes of the exchange he sold that 875k and then bought another coin

The government already told you how it feels about crypto (for now) and they're willing to go to war on drugs level scrutiny to get people to stay away from it
not saying it's right but that's where we are on it now

Last edited:
Daps
The rule is that if you convert crypto that you've had a gain on then it's a taxable event
if you buy a coin quickly and then transfer it there are no taxes on it because you didn't gain any money on it
converting is really just selling the crypto you choose and buying the other using the converted money
the reason he was in trouble is that he had an 875k gain so in the eyes of the exchange he sold that 875k and then bought another coin

The government already told you how it feels about crypto (for now) and they're willing to go to war on drugs level scrutiny to get people to stay away from it
not saying it's right but that's where we are now on it
What about if you just buy stuff with the debit cards that the app issues?

Do you have to claim that on taxes?

What about using the debit cards to buy gift card? For instance, a PayPal or visa gift card?

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps

What ledger wallet are you using?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Rumor that RH is planning to list SHIBA and KISHU soon. (Saw a screenshot of a Robinhood email sent to someone) in the SHIBA telegram. Those who sold their bags lost...
I saw that too...
You think it's real tho?
:mjlol: